JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is Will Smith getting jiggy again?

Hero1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I don't want to hear "Will Smith produced by Calvin Harris and Kanye West." I want to hear DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince. Jazzy will give him a sound to craft stories and relevant messages on. Their chemistry is undeniable and one of a kind. If they wanna let Kanye and Calvin remix some stuff for the radio, fine, but they can't provide a proper sound for him for an album. They'll take their style and try to steer FP's subject matter. Neither of them get true Hip-Hop. We've heard the Dayne Jordan album...just imagine if Jeff was handling all of the next album. FP doesn't need to be trying to make top 40 music. That whole idea just makes me uncomfortable.

It's been 10 years and at this point, I really don't care who Will is recording with. Any news is better than no news. "I got the bug" is the most promising quote we've heard in a long time. Of course, I prefer Jeff to produce everything Will does but I would welcome a track with Kanye West and a track with Calvin Harris. I just want to hear him spit again. One of the biggest trends in music is collaborations. Everyone is working with one another it seems.

I don't have any demands, I just want to hear Will rhyme again.

i think that's the problem with today's music, albums sound like mixtapes, you don't even know who's album it is when you listen because there's so many people and most of the time there's no creativity, sure at this point like you I wanna see Will come back to the game but JJFP have that unique sound that all the real heads would prefer to hear...

Will Smith: I’m Ready to Make More Music

Focus star says he still has the "bug" for hip hop.

By Latifah Muhammad
Posted: 02/13/2015 10:39 AM EST
021315-music-will-smith.jpg

Will Smith is ready to return to music.

Not that he ever stopped recording, but the 46-year-old actor recently revealed that he’s weighing the idea of dropping something new.

Smith hasn’t exactly made a secret about recording. He was snapped in a Brazil studio with Kanye West in 2013, and was rumored to be working on a new album several years back.

“Oh, so you know. You’ve been paying attention?” he said in an interview, before mentioning his beat-boxing session on The Tonight Show last week. “I did a fun thing with Jimmy Fallon the other night messing with music, so you know, I got the bug. I might see if I got one more in me."

The Philly native’s last album was 2005’s Lost and Found, which went gold. His most successful project was back in the days of “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit’ It.” Big Willie Style, released in 1997, sold nine million copies worldwide.

Music is for now a side-priority to Smith's acting career. His latest film, Focus, hits theaters Feb. 27.

BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2015/02/13/will-smith-i-m-ready-to-make-more-music.html?cid=socialMusicCeleb_20150214_40474636&adbid=10152579959135404&adbpl=fb&adbpr=42324160403

I think Jeff is the key to helping Will, i mean by the sounds of it, a big thing holding him back is that hes not happy with some of the stuff that hes come up with and he scared its not good enough. I think getting artists he hasnt worked with before is a good thing to give him fresh ideas, so i like hes with Kayne. But with Jeff, he knows how hes doing, Jeff could really help him come up with something amazing, and we know hes gonna tell him if its not good enough. Hopefully that time he put aside to record with Jeff is just delayed and not cancelled.

Even if you look past the chemistry within JJ+FP, Jeff's goal is to make good music. Those other guys are just worried about charting hits. The artistry takes the backseat for them....if it's in the car at all.

well will worked with many different artists on albums like code red and lost & found and they turned out to be classic albums, the more i think about it i'm actually siding with jim on this one, after 10 years i just wanna see will back on the mic, don't worry will's definately gonna do something with jeff though, he worked with him on 8 of his 9 albums already so it's inevitable

• Members

I think in due time we will see another Will Smith or, maybe in the utopian world, JJFP album, definitely. It seems he got tired of the whole "the biggest, richest, most loved and famous entertainment personality"-thing and that the end of this ultra-commercial phase makes it possible for him to do things he actually like rather than what seems like a good career move. A second coming of Will-music followed by a second coming of Will-movies wouldnt be surprising; a lot of both actors and musicians have this lacklustre period where the heyday era gets followed by some fame/money collecting before returning to its roots.

Of course the album probably wont be perfect. If not at least half the album is produced by JJ, then FP can go f*ck himself. And I expect to see little bit of Kanye or similar, but if it gets flooded by these modern rappers, then FP can go f*ck himself. And of course he will drag the whole family into the album, but if its main purpose is some hidden promotion of Jaden/Willow then FP can go... well, you know.

Anyway hope it will happen soon and that FP keeps up what began with Lost & Found, namely a more mature yet still positive vibe. Your time bomb society needs it possibly even more than in 2005..

Here's an interview featured on The Source.  The reporter asks how many songs he recorded with Kanye.  He replies 7 or 8, but it's hard to say if it's talking about songs in general or just with Kanye.  I stand where I always have; if it's comparable to Kanye's production from his first 3 albums, I'm okay with it.  Otherwise, I don't care.  I like that he says that it's not something he likes yet...lol

You can see the short article here...

http://thesource.com/2015/02/26/will-smith-has-recorded-7-8-songs-with-kanye-west/

this is 2015, just put out some of these new songs on youtube for the true fans and let us decide if it's good or not, and btw aj i do agree about kanye on the part that his best stuff was his first 3 albums, keep in mind though he helped strengthen common sense's career to the point where he just won an oscar the other day, i have a feeling he might be able to help lift up will's credability in hip hop the same way...

• 6 months later...