JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FP on other mc's albums

bigted

What's up y'all I wanted to make a new topic about Will being on other albums 'cause he doesn't really make appearances on other cats albums, you could say now 'cause he's acting, but back in the day when he went on tour with old school legends he coulda collaborated with them. You can't change the past but...
It would've been hot if FP was on "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" by Public Enemy, he could of spit some of his comical rhymes with Flava Flav on "Cold Lampin'"
I have many more albums that I feel woulda been a perfect blend if FP was on it including "College DropOut" by Kanye West, the song "All Falls Down" is a type of track that Big Will would love to spit on, such a great song. Well they've been hanging out recently as Hero said so it is possible that we'll hear somethin' from them! :switch: Aight enough of me making suggestions, I wanna see what y'all think about what album woulda fit well for FP to spit on! :dj:

The Fresh Prince won't just collaborate with anyone which i think is very cool. Look at Ludacris and Ja-Rule...even if they had real talent, they work with so many people, i'd label them as cameo whores. By the time their albums come out, u are already sick of them cuz they work with all the other commerical artists and they get on every soundtrack they can. I think all that is good exposer...but there IS such thing as OVERKILL.

U wouldn't wanna see FP collaborate with Public Enemy or Kanye West? :dunno: I don't wanna see FP on Ludacris or Ja Rule albums 'cause I don't buy their albums anyway! :kekeke: I read on here though that there's gonna be a Ludacris collaboration, I hope it doesn't make the cut! :bang: Kanye West is the one of only a few new school mcs that I wanna see collaborate with Will.
LL Cool J has done many collaborations on other cats albums and I don't consider him a cameo whore, it's actually showing love 'cause the artists rapped on his albums so he returns the favor by rapping on their albums. Don't you think that FP should rap on Slick Rick's, Biz Markie's, Lil' Kim's, MC Lyte's, and Eve's albums 'cause they took time out to rap on "Willenium"? I think that it's only fair.
BTW, Imagine the "Code Red" spitting a verse on Nas' "Halftime" that'd been dope, it woulda gave FP more street cred if he did that and spit a verse on The Fugees song "How Many Mics", that'd made "The Score" more memorable, or even the "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" FP rapping on LL Cool J's "Jingling Baby", we don't have time machines so that means it couldn't have happened. I'm only talking about Will collaborating with great artists here. I think it's fun when artists collaborate with each other but when it's done too much it does get wack, I see ur point there AJ, but FP has gotta collaborate with rappers like Nas, KRS-ONE, Public Enemy, and LL Cool J at least once in his career to prove that he's not a Hollywood rapper like the media has been labeling him since he went to Columbia, he needs to get back some hip-hop cred, 'cause everything he's done has been 100% hip-hop! :bowdown:

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind if FP did some guest spots on people's albums...it just depends on with who and what kinda song is waz. I don't like the idea of him working with half of the people on Willennium (Lil' Kim 4 example)...but with people like Biz Markie, Slick Rick, and MC Lyte, i think that would be right up his ally.

I don't know how i feel about newer artists tho'...most of them simply aren't good and i don't think he needs 2 tarnish his image by working with them (Ludacris...Petey Pablo...WHY?!?!?). I wouldn't even want him working with Kanye West...at least not side by side on the mic, production would be okay. Kanye is definitly outshining most of the new cats cuz he dose have skillz but i also think he's a lil' overrated. I don't see 2 many people fitting 2 the kinda artist that deserves 2 work with him.

I'd love 2 hear old skool collabos. Back when u had JJ+FP, Whodini, Run-DMC, Salt-N-Pepa, Heavy D + The Boyz, Eric B. + Rakim, MC Lyte, LL Cool J, EPMD, MC Hammer, Queen Latifah, Young MC, Public Enemy, Doug E. Fresh, and Digital Underground as Hip-Hop's main playas. All of those artists are dope and i wish collaborations were more popular back then cuz they would have been great. These days, the people on the top of the rap charts simply can't touch that late 80's and early 90's era. They make music that is average to bad and their lack of talent is only half the reason. If i waz a successful artist, i wouldn't have much inspiration 2 work with anyone cuz nobody has talent or originality these days.

What about Eve? She's a female mc but raps aggressive like a man, did you ever listen to the songs where she rapped with DMX, especially on the "Rough Ryder's Anthem"(Remix), that ain't skills? :dunno: Ludacris does have some skills too but he sounds too repetitive, he raps the exact same things over and over sometimes. Scarface is the best rapper that ever came out from the South, he's been in the game as long as JJFP, Ludacris looked up to Scarface growing up, give respect where respect is due! :bowdown:

I like the sound of Kanye and Will also

Also like eve in Double R What with Jadakiss if i remember correctly

So AJ you don't think that Will would ever collaborate with any of the ol' school artists that ain't on the Billboard charts anymore but are still dope on the underground like KRS-ONE, Public Enemy, Biz Markie, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, and MC Lyte? I don't understand that, artists should be judged by their talent not their record sales, in my opinion these cats that I mentioned above have more talent than the entire Billboard 200 combined right now (except for LL, Outkast, Fat Joe, and 213 of course)! I rather not see Will collaborate with any mainstream mcs other than those 4 I mentioned, Kanye West, and Nas, but other than that he should just do solo tracks rather than wasting time on suckers wack albums or ruining the flow of his album by putting sucker mcs on his albums! :ditto:

I wazn't trying 2 say FP wouldn't wanna collaborate with old skool artists. In fact, i think of all the successful artists out there, old skool talent has a better chance of making music with FP then they do with anyone else. FP give props 2 the old skool all the time. The news lately seems 2 lean towards him only working with new skool artists on the charts (Petey Pablo and Ludacris). I think the track with Mary J. Blige waz good 4 a soundtrack and i expect good things from his work with Timbaland...but i'm dreading hearing the stuff with Luda + Petey. The track/remix with Elephant Man could be alright...i guess we'll see.

fresh prince was on the public enemy live video/thing back in the day talking about why he liked chuck d.. i think it would be great if will did a track with flava flav!

Yeah I think this would be cool, because Flava Flav and Will are cool, so it has got to be cool but they didn't do and won't do... :sad6: