JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

REASON WILL FIRED BENNY MEDINA

Maybe I missed this news, or maybe I just forgot about it. I think we all know The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is based off of Benny Medina's life, and I know he worked with FP, but I don't remember the exact terms. I was on Madame Noir's website and came across this. It's interesting...

Benny-Medina.jpg

Before Benny Medina outed himself, Will Smith caught wind that Benny was about to get himself caught up in a scandal involving accusations of sex with an under-aged boy.

Will supposedly didn’t want his name in that mess so he fired Benny quick, fast and in a hurry. But in the end, things turned out pretty well for Mr. Medina. This is what an industry insider had to say about the situation:

“Will fired Benny abruptly because a rumor was pointing to Benny as a man about to catch an case for sex with an underage boy. Allegedly the case remained under wraps because Benny handled it outside of the legal system. Benny was going to get exposed so he decided to come out the closet. Benny wasn’t happy when he dated Beverly Johnson, Beverly was his beard.

Benny appeared relieved when he came out the closet, dude had a huge coming out party. It was like a gay parade, men dressed in dresses and Isht, Benny was wearing a wig that night and red lipstick. Jacky, when these guys come out the closet, they’re the happiness people you’ve ever seen.”