JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FAITH + NOTORIOUS B.I.G. DUET ALBUM

JumpinJack AJ

faith-evans.png
Faith Evans Announces Duet Album With The Notorious B.I.G

November 18, 2014

by Tanay Hudson (@NYStateofMind2)

After the release of her sixth album, Incomparable, Faith Evans will be headed back to the studio for a special collaboration.

In an interview with HipHollywood, the “Love Like This” singer revealed that she is planning to release a duet album with her late husband, the Notorious B.I.G. The potential title of the project is The King and I.

The former Bad Boy singer says this is something she has been thinking about doing for many years.

“I finally got all my ducks in a row to make it happen,” she said. When asked what kind of tone the album will have she replied, “Think Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole.”

Faith hopes to drop the album next year.

Check a video with an interview about it here: http://allhiphop.com/2014/11/18/faith-evans-notorious-big-duet-album/

-----------------------------------------------------

I was never a huge Notorious B.I.G. fan, but I've always been a big fan of Faith's. This has my interest.

Considering she'll be "working on it." It'll be her piecing together his raps with her music. I wasn't a huge Bad Boy fan (other than Craig Mack, Faith, and Total), but when I look back on the brand, I like the nostalgia. It'd be nice if she nods back to the sound of 90's R&B and Hip-Hop for the project...and include Puffy, if he can pull it off.

yeah this would be dope if this takes it back to the 90s bad boy sound since today's sound of hip hop on the most part is pale in comparison

Yeah, I mostly thought the Biggie Duets album was horrible, but I remember loving the one with Faith. Faith isn't one of those artists who's like "Rihanna's hot right now, I'll make music that sounds like her's," so I'm sure this'll be good.