JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that he will play a villain. I'm not really into superhero movies but i know a lot of people are. It will probably be a big hit, hopefully people will like Will as a bad guy.

I read somewhere that someone said they expect for the costume to change to show Wills face a lot since hes too big an actor to hide away. This is deadshot if anyone hasnt seen.

GalleryChar_1900x900_deadshot2_531914c93

• Members

I tought about Will and his new movies. And i´m sure that "After Earth" changes him a bit.

He has make "After Earth" instead of "Django". After Earth was a flop on the cinemas. Django hit the lists worldwide. It's the second time that he make a wrong choice.
(He did "Wild Wild West" instead of "Matrix")

And see? Hes gone to make Deadshot, he is playing small roles in a few movies (Winters Tale, great and unpredicted role, Anchorman, havent seen it yet). So he plays in movies where he can't set changes in the story or something like that. He even stopped to push his son to set him in movies with him. (Haven't heard any new on that)

Am I wrong about that?

I tought about Will and his new movies. And i´m sure that "After Earth" changes him a bit.

He has make "After Earth" instead of "Django". After Earth was a flop on the cinemas. Django hit the lists worldwide. It's the second time that he make a wrong choice.

(He did "Wild Wild West" instead of "Matrix")

And see? Hes gone to make Deadshot, he is playing small roles in a few movies (Winters Tale, great and unpredicted role, Anchorman, havent seen it yet). So he plays in movies where he can't set changes in the story or something like that. He even stopped to push his son to set him in movies with him. (Haven't heard any new on that)

Am I wrong about that?

I think you're right, though I wouldn't say that his role in 'Winter's Tale' was great (the whole movie was a total mess :lol:). But yeah, I know what you mean.
It was a matter of time that he realized that people want to see him doing his own movies, and not with his kids. It's hard to say, but that's how it is. Jaden was adorable in 'The Pursuit Of Happyness', and 'Karate Kid' was an OK movie too. But that's it. People didn't want to see 'After Earth' because they were already tired of Will working with him, and, although I thought the movie wasn't bad, it wasn't that good either, so it affected Will's career. So he had to notice that and that's why he has probably (and hopefully) started to take another direction, making small cameos in movies like 'Anchorman 2' and 'Winter's Tale' (something he hadn't done since 'Jersey Girl') and joining a movie that has great potential like 'Suicide Squad'. Not to mention 'Focus' and 'Concussion' which both look really good, each in its own style.
Thanks God Willow finally turned down 'Annie', otherwise people would be talking again this weekend about how much Will is pushing his kids into show business.
Edited by Ale

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/400195-tom-hardy-drops-out-of-suicide-squad-with-jake-gyllenhaal-eyed-as-replacement

Well that sucks ... and doesn't. I mean I'm actually not that bothered that he's out. Hardy is a great actor on a great streak so I'm sure there are plenty of goog ideas out there for him ... but if Will dopeed out I'd be upset cus it's one of the few promising things his career is looking at right now :)

Plus Jake Gyllenhall is awesome...

• Members

Tom Hardy May Have Left Suicide Squad Because It Focuses On 'Deadshot' And 'The Joker'

It was revealed yesterday that Tom Hardy would no longer be playing Rick Flagg in David Ayer's Suicide Sqaud, with scheduling issues and Mad Max: Fury Road press tour commitments ultimately blamed. However, Latino-Review claim to have learned the real reason why The Dark Knight Rises star won't be taking on another DC Comics role (at least not in this 2016 release anyway).

Apparently, he just wasn't a fan of the script, and he left the project under amicable terms (which is why the scheduling conflict excuse was used as a cover story). Why didn't he like it? It could be for any number of reasons, but the site goes on to add that the latest draft is rumoured to have beefed up the screen time of Deadshot (Will Smith) and The Joker (Jared Leto) at the expense of characters like Flagg. Given the status of Smith and the popularity of The Joker, that makes sense!

Will this put Jake Gyllenhaal off from enlisting in the Suicide Squad? We'll have to wait and see...

• Members

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jon-bernthal-and-joel-edgerton-candidates-for-rick-flag-in-suicide-squad-298

And look who apparently entered the race :)
Bernthal was the guy I first thought about when Gyllenhall passed simply because a) he worked with Ayer on Fury and b) he's a terrific actor with that type of personality and charm.
Having said that, ever since I saw WARRIOR I instantly became a massive fan of Edgerton so it would be cool to see him in it as well. Anyway, whichever one they choose. They can't go wrong with either of them.

• Hero1 featured this topic