JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New album in March/April 2015?

Ale

My thought exactly. FP wouldn't promise something like this to Jeff if it wasn't going to happen. At this place in his music career and where music stands, it makes more sense to do a JJ+FP album than a Will Smith album. All 80's, 90's, and some 2000's artists that are still making music aren't doing it for the mainstream (other than LL Cool J and Emininem...because he can). All the Drake/Future nonsense is so far from FP's style, that it's hard to see him trying to compete like he always has.

Regardless, if he's working with Jazzy, we know the sound and the essence of the music will be correct. If he does end up doing another Will Smith album, the frame work will be properly set during that time with Jazzy.

• Members

Just when I was at a point where I lost all hopes for new JJFP music...

If this is really happening, and it sounds more than promising to me this time, it will be just great!

Almost 10 years... can't believe that it's been this long.

Can't wait for it! I feel like a little child on christmas right now! :D

It really seems to be happening, my friends :)

Eminem and LL Cool J are probably the only rappers from the '80s/90s/early 2000s that have had mainstream success in recent times but there's still a lot of old school hip hop artists in the game and the focus ain't really on sales anymore because of the internet, it's basically an even playing field, I used to think it was a bad thing but actually more artists do seem to be doing it for the love of the game in recent days since you can't get rich off of music anymore, with Will coming back to the music shows that he ain't thinking about the money either but I think though with the buzz that he got from doing that hip hop dance skit on Jimmy Fallon and performing with Jeff a couple weeks ago I think he could still have success with a JJFP album, I have a feeling that it could be just as successful as LL's new GOAT 2 album...

Edited by bigted

• Admin

If Will and Jeff actually did a new album what would you want it to sound like? For me I'd just want them to go back to that classic hip hop sound. Like a so fresh/pump me up early rock the house records vibe..brought in with Jeff's new sounds. Lots of scratching and some battle rhymes from Will. They don't have to sell any records or have a hit single so they could just do something pure to solidify their legacy. :chores019:

Yeh, it all depends on Will's mindset i guess. If he wants to hit the charts and therefore a more poppy approach or straight up old skool JJFP the way we love it and Jeff just release it independently like all his other stuff.

Edited by KevTastic

That's some good news here! What I get from the interview is that they will hit the studio when Will finished his currenct movie and that will be around March or April 2015 and not that an album will be dropping at that time! Anyway, it even would be great if they make some new music together... we will see if they'll come up with a whole album! It's still hard to believe that it's actually happenin'... I have strong doubts 'til I see or hear some results!

I have a feeling that it could be just as successful as LL's new GOAT 2 album...

Let's pray that GOAT 2 will be more "successful" than Authentic then... otherwise it would be a huge disappointment for JJFP! ^^

What I get from the interview is that they will hit the studio when Will finished his currenct movie and that will be around March or April 2015 and not that an album will be dropping at that time!

I've listened the interview again and yeah, that's probably what Jeff meant. They'll hit the studio after Will has finished filming his next movie, 'Concussion'. Anyway, I hope something comes out of this. In 2015 it'll be 10 years since 'Lost and Found', the perfect time to get back to music with a great JJ+FP album! :tunnne:

Edited by Ale

I think there's this reemergence of old school hip hop lately, a lot of the legends are still in the game and doing big things, people are tired of these wack commercial rappers, I see a big change coming, it's the perfect time for a JJFP album

• 9 months later...

you didn't hear about the news there might be a JJFP/LL Cool J tour? keep hope alive!