JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J To Release New CD "GOAT 2"

bigted

no offense to dayne jordan and j cole but they ain't on LL's level either and they're 2 of the recent hip hop artists i like, reality is LL got nothing left to prove, he already said in numerous interviews that what he put out recently is just a tease, he did that back when people thought he was joining G-Unit but then put out a solid "Exit 13" and then he did it like you mentioned with "Authentic" and then dropped a classic, I know he could do better and he will, that's why he's the GOAT, I mean as good as some of the new rappers some of you on here hype it they still can't get to the legend's level, that's why he's just having fun, maybe he needs to battle somebody again 'cause a lot of his best material came out when he was angry, "Mama Said..." and "GOAT"....

EDIT:I was reading on facebook that LL's gonna do a collab with Em on GOAT2, should be epic!

Edited by bigted

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the production has been questionable so far, but I kind of like this song. If this would not be tied to an album called G.O.A.T. 2 it would be no problem at all. It's solid mixtape material that I would not skip if it would come on in the car. Also, I'm Nice was hard as hell, people are still talking about it.

Edited by Turntable

you know like i mentioned this is LL we're talking about here, if this were the average commercial rapper there'd be a need to be worried but we all know what he's capable of, when it's proper time to drop the album it'll be game on 'cause we know the legend delivers

Rap-Up TV: LL Cool J Reveals Eminem Collaboration on ‘G.O.A.T. 2’

The G.O.A.T. and Slim Shady are joining forces for one epic collaboration. LL Cool J has revealed that Eminem will be featured on his upcoming album G.O.A.T. 2.

In an exclusive interview with Rap-Up TV, LL made the big announcement. “Me and Em have a song. He just recently let me hear his verse and it’s crazy. He’s chainsawing ****,” he said. “I think people are gonna be pleasantly surprised when they hear me and him on a record together.”

Em, who has been vocal about LL’s influence on his career, performed a tribute to the Queens icon at 2009’s “VH1 Hip Hop Honors,” but this marks their first collaboration.

“It’s our first time we ever did something together,” said LL. “This is a record that I think people are gonna be excited [about]. To miss out on this G.O.A.T. 2 album would be a travesty for hip-hop. You can’t miss this ****.”

G.O.A.T. 2, which arrives 15 years after the original G.O.A.T., will also include collaborations with OGs like Raekwon (“I’m Nice”) and T.I. “We just got together, talkin’ and vibin’,” he said of working with Tip. “He had an idea that he wanted to send me and I thought it was a crazy idea, and we collaborated and put something together that I think people are gonna bug out on. It’s gonna be trippy.”

The 46-year-old rapper has kept his ear to the streets and tapped some fresh talent including Fred the Godson and Troy Ave (“You Already”). “I got a lot of young gunners on this album. People that are hungry and wanna make the best music,” he said. “It’s about the beat and the bars and the rhymes. It’s about it being current and fresh and riveting, not a bunch of old, tired ’95 nugget ring bull****. It’s newness. It’s fresh.”

I don't care if J. Cole or Dayne Jordan are newer to the game; their albums are by far superior to the GOAT 2 stuff. It all boils down to the music, and right now, LL is NOT holding up his end of the bargain as an artist.

In my opinion, this thread is going around and around in circle.

We all have our different perspectives and agree that LL is a legend but lets be real, just because he's a legend doesn't mean he can put out garbage and we suppose to assume it's still better than what's on the radio. There's some stuff on the radio that I'd rather listen to than this GOAT 2 material. Haven't we heard at least half of the album anyway? I'll always give it a listen because LL is one of my favorites but my interest level for this album is at all-time low.

How many rappers today put out songs on the level of "I'm Nice" and "Tell Tha World"? Those songs bring it hard as hell...A lot of the other material you could say is mixtape material like turntable said but with that being said that don't make it all wack, it is what it is...LL's still going strong on his 15th album(today rappers put out mixtapes but he's from the era of classic albums so why would you doubt him like i mentioned?) and he's dropping songs for the fun of it, you can't say that about many rappers, you can't even say that about FP, that's what I wish Will would do, we've almost gone 10 years without a single song, how could that be if you have a studio at your crib? In a day when people record on their laptops like us, and no offense to Dayne Jordan but Will should be rapping over fresh Jazzy Jeff tracks....

Edited by bigted

We all have our different perspectives and agree that LL is a legend but lets be real, just because he's a legend doesn't mean he can put out garbage and we suppose to assume it's still better than what's on the radio.

:thumbsup:

This is the main point in my opinion! I think there is enough music out there that is better than the stuff that LL recently dropped. Of course he is a legend but if he puts out garbage you have to consider it as garbage whether he is LL or Eminem or whoever! No one can take the classic albums he made out of his catalogue but cats like J. Cole are dropping quality NOW! So why should I listen to some bull**** solely because a ''legend'' created it?!

i bet if rick ross made ratchet it would've been a hit, it fits his style more than LL's style

• 5 months later...

LL put out a new song "I Can Tell You", it got that feel good vibe to it:

This is dope.  I was just thinking yesterday that LL is probably regrouping for the next album, which is good.  It's been months since we've heard anything about the new album.  Of everything we've previously heard, only two or three of the songs were actually on the proper LL.  This production is great.  The featured artists water it down, but at least this is the kind of song I'd listen over and over again.

• 3 weeks later...

Tori Kelly just dropped her new album and it features a song featuring LL Cool J.  Unfortunately I can only find a strangely slowed down version of the song on YouTube.  Until there's a proper version of it, here's the slowed down version...