JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Twinkle Twinkle (I'm not a star)

Hero1

• Admin
okay everyone tell me how good this track is... :poke: this song was almost ahead of its time... wills basically saying it doesnt matter how big a star he is..hes still just a regular guy.. i think this is probably the most relevant song 2day from wills back catalogue..add to that the unbelievable beat by jazzy..the chorus with jeff on the vocals..and we got a classic :rock: :rock: :peace:

twinkle twinkle little star.......

"Twinkle Twinkle"(I'm Not A Star) was a phat ass song, it represented that JJFP ain't overconceited and that they relate to us and they're not sell-outs like some haters say! I hope that Will's next album supplies songs as real as songs on that Code Red album 'cause that **** was hot!

[quote=willreign,Mar 30 2004, 01:28 PM]devil Jim is right... it dosen't apply 10 years later... lets say that Will love the spot light in tease days more then ever...[/quote]
I'm not sure if it would still apply. I mean, Will's done more movies than he's ever done albums. He hasn't done a music tour in ages except for little stops here and there when touring for the movie he's promoting. I dont know anymore...

I wonder how often he goes to Philly....

I still think it applies, u just have 2 consider the changes he's gone thru' since 1993. Often in interviews, the writers comment on how polite and down 2 earth he is. They usually talk about what he's wearing and joke about his t-shirt/jeans style not mixing with the lavish room they might be doing the interview in. I think that Will has stayed as down 2 earth as anyone in his position can. He can't exactly go out and live the same lifestyle he used 2. He's recognized around the world, he has a family, etc.

He gives mad props 2 his family and his hometown. He's often rockin' Phillies gear when he's at an event that dosen't require him 2 jig it out. If Will would have changed over the years, i wouldn't have remained a dedicated fan.

And when i comes 2 music vs. movies. I can relate 2 him in my own way. He's said that he always considers himself an emcee before and actor and that his music is his 1st love...even tho' we see more movies from him than we do albums these days. I consider myself a musician 1st as well, and i've done more shows (theater) in the past few years than i have written complete songs.

It's a pretty good song. But it ain't really my fav.

Alot of my friends who don't listen to Will Smith knows that song.Did anyone else apart from Will make that song?
I have been trying to explain to them.But they just lough. :dj:

• Admin
hey will is still the same guy even after all the fortune and fame ..as aj says thats why im still a fan.. any1 who comes in contact with will says the same things..real down to earth..really nice guy..and a family man ..and will takes nothing for granted..and deserves all the success he has got..i think the song still applies..dont be a hater and judge him because of whatever car he has etc etc

Yeah, and I'm sure it's not easy 2 create a solid image that u haven't forgotten where u came from... if I waz in Will's position and I got offered millions of dollars 2 make a few movies, (considering I had the talent) I'd definitely do it! Of course, if u make it big, u gotta really do somethin' big 4 the fans 2 still think you're down 2 earth. It's easy 4 us 2 say Will has a big head and doesn't care about where he came from anymore, but instead, maybe we should be asking ourselves what we would do in his same position, and appreciate the fact that it's not so easy 2 create such an image that absolutely everybody will love and accept.