JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, Jay Electronica - Control...

Vipa

I love the whirlwind this has created, there's definitely going to be a shift coming. Jay-Z may have release his album to instant platinum status but this is the most excited I think hip-hops been in a long time. This should be fun to watch.

Not to mention he's unleashed the fury of Kevin Hart

Edited by Big Ben

It took me a few days to get around to responding to this. I think the sound is simplistic and breaks no new ground, but I like that it's not polished. I don't follow any of these guys too closely. I've listened to some of Big Sean's stuff and I find it annoying and elementary, but I feel this verse is the best thing I ever heard from him. Kendrick Lamar has been hit and miss with the stuff I've heard from him. I like a couple of his songs, but I find a good bit of it too influenced by commercial stuff. I admire his boldness and I love that he broke the mole with a verse that long. I like that he's stirring things up, but I don't think he's as nice as he thinks he is...lol. I'm curious how much of this is just to get attention. Jay Electronica, is my favorite of the group overall. It was appropriate for the best emcee to finish the song, but he didn't push to top off the sting of the verse before it.

Having some healthy competition during a time where Hip-Hop is mostly absent from the radio is good. Having lesser known emcees and underground emcees coming out of the wood work is nice. I was actually disappointed with Lupe's and B.O.B.'s response. I wanted theirs to be the best, but both of them took a "song" approach and neither bring a proper response. I just hope there aren't any idiots who burn competition into a tired beef.

Nice track, but I don't see why so many people find this mind blowing.

Why is Kendrick Lamar calling himself the king of NY when he's from Compton? lol I find it annoying what he's doing, he ain't the greatest lyricist, he's dissing other rappers just like 50 Cent, it's gonna backfire and ruin his career to me, none of today's so called mcs are impressive or groundbreaking, they put out a couple hits and they think they're the greatest, it's disrespectful to the living legends of hip hop, I wanna see KRS One come out with an album and diss all these pop rappers once and for all

yeah i find it sad too that the only time legends get mentioned these days is if they get down with the pop rappers like 50 and Wayne

I actually think the "king of New York" line is hilarious. But year, too many legends have the team player attitude toward the guys currently on the radio. Most of them are wack...why support them unless it's somehow benefiting your career?