JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Focus: released March 2015

gosia

• Members

Dammit Gosia, you beat me to it :) I was going to post it here :)

As for the movie - it looks like it moght be fun ... depends whether they will go with a more serious tone like Mamet's HEIST or a lightweight rom-com like Tower Heist...I hope for the former...

The script is pretty strong. Also Kristin Stewart is out. That's a double win-win.

I hope Will is in for this one. Finally a good pick.

Wanna bet the female lead is NOT going to be white ? I hope I'll live to see the day where we'll see interracial relationships on the big screen without people making a big deal out of it. They'll probably avoid a black actress too and go in the middle by selecting a latin actress. Wouldn't mind seeing Lawrence as the lead. Not gonna happen though.

• 1 month later...

This does look like Will's next movie.

http://www.backstage.com/nyc-film-production-listings/

Focus (Drama) A seasoned con artist’s decision to take a young female grafter under his wing has unforeseen consequences for both when they meet years later. With Will Smith. Directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa. Casting: Bernie Telsey, Telsey + Company, 311 W. 43rd St., 10th Fl., New York, NY 10036. Shoots in August; location TBA.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Margot Robbie Takes Focus Opposite Will Smith

Source: Variety
July 15, 2013

robbie-focus.jpgMargot Robbie has won the female lead in Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming Focus. Variety reports that the Wolf of Wall Street star will appear opposite Will Smith in the con artist tale from writer-directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa (Crazy, Stupid, Love.)

The film is said to involve a romance between a professional conman and someone just learning the criminal art and how their past relationship comes back into play when they meet up again years later.

Earlier iterations of the project were planning to feature the pairings of both Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone and, later, Ben Affleck and Kristen Stewart in the leading roles.

Robbie, currently best known for her television work on shows like "Neighbours" and "Pan Am," can also soon be seen on the big screen in the time travel romance About Time.

• Admin

It would be nice if Will worked with a really good actress instead of someone from Neighbours :sFun_banghead:

Rose Byrne would have been decent, at least from this list...

IMDB: Back in April, Will Smith took over Ben Affleck's role in Focus, and Kristen Stewart peaced out, citing too large an age gap between herself and Smith. (Smith: 44; Affleck: 40; awkwardness: 100.) Now the film from Crazy, Stupid, Love. writer/director duo Glenn Ficarra and John Requa has found a new love interest for Smith in Margot Robbie, an Australian actress who'll appear in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street. She beat out Olivia Munn, Michelle Williams, Jessica Biel, and Rose Byrne for Focus. Like K-Stew, Robbie is 23.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
'300' Actor to Star Opposite Will Smith in Warner Bros.' 'Focus' (Exclusive)
Rodrigo Santoro will play the powerful owner of a Formula One race team in the heist movie being directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa.
Edited by Ale

• Hero1 unpinned this topic