JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP on 'The Arsenio Hall Show'

Ale

I think this is my first time hearing this as well. The crazy thing, I loved the Arsenio Hall show and watched it almost every night...but I NEVER saw JJ+FP on the show together. I'd catch it when Jazzy was cuttin' and scratchin' with the band and I'd catch FP on solo interviews, but I never caught them on the show together. I think they were on Arsenio together 4 times through it's 5 year run.

I've never seen the "Boom! Shake The Room" performance. I remember on one of his "Props To Hip-Hop" episodes, he showed a short clip of it along with other legendary artists. That's how I even found out about the performance. it was the only Code Red performance they made together on the show.

A little off-topic, but I didn't know Arsenio turned down the role of Mike Lowrey in 'Bad Boys' (according to this article):

THR: You were so good in Coming To America with your pal Eddie Murphy. Why didn’t you do more acting?

Hall: It was one of those things I tried to purse after I left late night. I wanted to study and take it seriously and not just be the talk show host who is popular so he gets a role. But I wasn’t able to crack that nut the way I wanted. It’s a tough racket. Sometimes I made bad choices. I remember there was a time I decided not to do more stand up or go on the road. I turned down a movie called Bad Boyswhere it would have been me and Martin (Lawrence) instead of Will (Smith) and Martin. You look back and say it wasn’t a bad decision because I’m happy with my life. I’m a daddy or whatever. But then you realize, that’s not where I’m supposed to be. One day you really miss it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/new-arsenio-hall-show-feels-415631

I'm glad he did though, Will and Martin's chemistry is perfect.