JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FIRST SHARKTALE REVIEW

MooseKnuckles

not good guys..i had a feeling..a few negative reviews..keep checking this site as time goes on for more reviews..i know a bad will smith review is nothing new, but this film should been critc friendly, although it doesnt look that way so far. my prediction is that sharktale will have a huge opening wknd, then drop off quickly. hopefully not, i gess we'll have 2 see..anyway,enuff rambling..heres the LINK:
[url="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shark_tale/?show=all"]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shark_tale/?show=all[/url]

I have a feeling Shark Tale is going to get a lot of bad press here in the U.S. There was a big stink I read in the Chicago Sun-Times saying the movie depicts Italian-Americans in a distasteful light and it is racist. I've also heard that the dialogue in the movie is too explicit for kids. They're also trying to compare this movie to Finding Nemo when everyone involved with Shark Tale has said that this movie is not even remotely close in comparison to Finding Nemo.

Oh well, I fear the trashing of the movie will begin... :dunno: Edited by TopDawg14

• Admin
hear in australia ive seen a review given it 5 stars another one 4 stars and another couple 3 and a half stars.. i just got back from seeing it a 2nd time..it was really good.. i picked up on a lot of jokes i missed the first time..the movies gonna do really well..every1 i saw it with loved it.. and oscar is basically the fresh prince as a fish! so all will smith fans will love it.. the movie has a great message too :werd: :rock: :rock:

[quote=TopDawg14,Sep 26 2004, 05:01 AM]I have a feeling Shark Tale is going to get a lot of bad press here in the U.S. There was a big stink I read in the Chicago Sun-Times saying the movie depicts Italian-Americans in a distasteful light and it is racist. I've also heard that the dialogue in the movie is too explicit for kids. They're also trying to compare this movie to Finding Nemo when everyone involved with Shark Tale has said that this movie is not even remotely close in comparison to Finding Nemo.

Oh well, I fear the trashing of the movie will begin... :dunno:[/quote]
I think the whole stereotype thing is just part of the movie and some people are just looking 4 something 2 complain about. This movie isn't out 2 stereotype people...it's taking from past movies and the way things are and putting it in2 an animated movie. Sensetive losers!!

If the dialog is borderline, then it's clearly a movie aimed at teenagers...which means it'll get the proper rating. They aren't gonna try 2 put teenage humor or adult themes in a movie, THEN try 2 make it go over as a kids movie.

And the whole Finding Nemo thing is just a stupid assumption. Just like MIB and ID4...people thought they were gonna be the same but they definitly aren't. Only knowing the basic storyline seperates the movies in a big way. I have a feeling that unlike Finding Nemo, i'll be able 2 watch SharkTale without getting bored.