JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ JAZZY JEFF - HOLIDAY MIXTAPE

Jeff has been hard at work. He just put out a holiday mixtape!!!
532335_470531616330376_335336731_n.jpg
It's a great mix of old a new featuring music of all genres. The only problem is that it's missing JJ+FP's "Family Christmas."

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook...h=3AQECBEkR&s=1

Wow! No replies. Has anyone peeped it? Thoughts? Opinions?

Personally, I loved that he used both TLC Christmas songs even though only one of them was a single. There's actually 2 old school Hip-Hop Christmas songs towards the middle that I was unaware of that I'm gonna look for. I wasn't crazy about one of the cussing. Christmas music with cussing just doesn't seem right to me. The mix reminded me of the Ludacris' song. I never knew about the Kanye West Christmas song. I love the beat and the chorus...but Kanye's lyrics are stupid and his voice is awful (as usual). I like how his mixes and samples the Chipmunks in the middle of it. I will say that I'm surprised that he didn't include a Boyz II Men Christmas song.

I was listening 2 the mix 2day while driving and I definitely feelin' it for the most part.

• Admin

I love that he put Donny Hathaways This Christmas in this..twice! That's my fav Christmas song of all time..other than that I'm not a huge fan of Christmas rap songs..that just doesn't say Christmas to me. So I really only liked about 50% of the tracks..Ludacris on this wasn't a great move IMHO

I partially agree. I don't think that a Christmas Hip-Hop song reaches for any serious or emotional depth. I look at is a way to sprinkle the season with something lighthearted and fun. Believe it or not, I actually kinda like the Ludacris song. I kind of wish he focused on R-N-B/Soul and Pop music mostly but I'm still enjoying it.

I feel that the artist making the song and the subject matter is what makes it good. Run-DMC's "Christmas In Hollis" is classic. No Christmas is complete without it in my opinion. I would put JJ+FP's "Family Christmas" and Kurtis Blow's "Christmas Rappin'" behind that joint. Ludacris' "Ludacrismas" is just silly and I have problem with that. Kanye's "Christmas In Harlem" is pretty wack in my opinion. Like I said above, I love the beat and chorus, but the artists/subject matter is awful.