JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Gillie Da Kid and Will Smith in studio

Ale

• 2 weeks later...

Is this even still happening? This guy isn't a Lauryn Hill or LL Cool J who is relatively picky about putting music out. This is some "new" cat who isn't putting his "Rakim" foot forward. He seems to be making common rap music. What's the hold up?

• 1 month later...

“For me it was a blessing. I call myself ‘Gil Smith,’ so in 2014 I’m officially changing my s**t to Gil Smith. I sat down with Will and I told him ‘I’m transitioning from the rapping to the acting like you. Can I use the name?’ He told me ‘go ahead’ and run with it.”

It didn’t end there. Big Will jumped in the booth at Bat Cave Studio to lay a verse for the King of Philly.
“It was a beautiful situation. Will came through and showed me some love and got in the booth. I’m truly blessed to know good people, have good friends and great relationships.”
Gillie wouldn’t say if said the unnamed track will come out on his Religion Records album Welcome to Gilladelphia.
“Y’all got to wait for that. That’s Billionare Dollar Will. Just know he got in that booth that’s right there. Just know that. We leaked the little footage out to y’all. That’s just another reason to show you I’m the King.”

Edited by Ale

Gille Da Kid talking like he's the king of rap already, I ain't feeling that :lookaround:

What is this guy even doing? I mean, does he have much of a following. His corny arrogance, and that fact that he hasn't released this old song is getting annoying. I would never know this guy existed it if it weren't for FP visiting him once. He looks like one of those dime a dozen rappers who stays busy without making progress. Let's see the focus. Let's see the heart. Let's hear good music.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone who's not on this message board know who this clown is? Does anyone on this board CARE who this clown is? The interviewer acting like this guy is relevant makes this even more painful to watch.

Let me just say this?

"Give us the joint you did with Will."

...so over this cat.