JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JILL SCOTT-CRATES: REMIX FUNDAMENTALS VOL 1 and 2

I had no idea these were coming!! Anyways, I've been on Jill Scott kick and listening to her work that I never really got deep into. I've always been revisiting the classics. As I was looking online for import singles and stuff like that, I came across a remix album that was just dropped! It's all club mixes but from the previews, it sounds relaly good for the most part. JS fans need to check this out.

Volume 1 (Just released yesterday)
http://www.amazon.com/Crates-Fundamentals-Feeling-digital-booklet/dp/B008AN95WI/ref=sr_1_98?ie=UTF8&qid=1340769345&sr=8-98&keywords=jill+scott

Apparently Volume 2 is coming out at the end of July
http://www.amazon.com/Crates-Remix-Fundamentals-Jill-Scott/dp/B008646006/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_3

• 2 months later...

I haven't listened to it in awhile because I've been preparing for my show, but I really love the album. Most of the remixes are club remixes, which SOUNDS like it could get a little boring, but I personally love it. They are different enough and they aren't the kind of club mixes that are all about just making noise rather than music. I think any semi-opened Jill Scott fan will like it. I was upset to see that they delayed the release of the second. There was supposed to be a total of three. I guess Hidden Beach changed their plans or wanted to see a little more success behind the 1st one. The thing is, nobody really knew about it. After all, did ANYONE other than myself on this board buy it?