JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Canibus vs Dizaster

Da Brakes

You guys may have remembered a post I made about battle rap and some of my favourites who are doing it at the moment ()

Well I also posted the announcement that Canibus would take part in his first live battle against Dizaster (well established battle rapper from KOTD)... The battle happened.... And Canibus has more or less ended whatever career he had... It was painful and awkward to watch as Canibus got annihilated by Diz. Bis was obviously under prepared and did not realise the force Diz would come with.. just goes to show that battling on tracks and battling live is two COMPLETELY different things.

Canibus is getting ripped at the moment big time. Take a look at the footage!!

Edited by Da Brakes

This was just awesome. The Guy obviously beat the shoot out of Canibus but the styles were too different to be compared in this battle. The Diz guy speaks too fast that why he can actually get way more disses per minute. He speaks louder too, but his verses seemed more prepared. Anyways, Canibus thought he was gonna have it easy coming against him and thats what he got. Totally knocked out!

You cannot go to them battles if you aint good freestyling.. Canibus then brought his notes, they were good, but he is not Drake, he shouldnt be reading in a battle.

I've always been a fan of battling over a beat so watching this was a little painful. I had to skip around because it didn't keep my attention. I've never been a Canibus fan but I wanted him to win just because I knew his name and only ever heard of the Dizaster. Canibus just had no flow. it was like choppy spoken word. Some of his shots should have come AFTER hearing Dizaster rhyme. Dizaster has some flow. I like his mid range but when he starts screaming in his upper range he sounded like a girl. He definitely came with it on some of those shots. It seems like Canibus' lyrics fit on an album, not a battle.

Yeah, you know, I was rooting for Canibus to win too, but the other guy was definitely in another level. Canibus looked like Ray Charles I agree.

You cannot go to them battles if you aint good freestyling.. Canibus then brought his notes, they were good, but he is not Drake, he shouldnt be reading in a battle.

Well.. Battles like this aren't freestyle.. They are pre-written. Those probably guys knew for weeks they were gonna battle. I think it is unfair to judge Canibus that he lost here, because Battle Rap like this is another world.. It is not Rap Music. A lot of guys that are great in this stuff could probably not make a decent track, most of their stuff probably wouldn't even fit on a beat

A lot of the guys who are top tier in this particular league put out some great tracks... but only a few of them!! The general consensus is that battle rappers shouldn't make music! On the whole I think that is true...

This match up has been planned for months so they each had plenty of time to prepare... Bis should have been writing and practising from the second it got announced. I agree with Visqo though you need to have some degree of freestyle ability to stand a chance in these leagues. There is a big emphasis on flips and rebuttles regarding what your opponent has just said. if you can freestyle, this should not be a problem for you. Diz demonstrated that in this battle. Also... if you choke (as Canibus repeatedly did) you can at least freestyle your way out of it!

I was never in to Canibus so I could be wrong, but wasn't he a freestyler in his prime? He's known best for battling LL which made me think he was an emcee who was no stanger to battling. This video didn't really show that? What was his strength?

It's cool 2 know your strength and excell at that, but lets remember that back in the 80's, FP made dope music, was a freestyling beast PLUS he brought comedy. The standards and flexibility simply isn't what it used 2 be.

I was never in to Canibus so I could be wrong, but wasn't he a freestyler in his prime? He's known best for battling LL which made me think he was an emcee who was no stanger to battling. This video didn't really show that? What was his strength?

Canibus was never a freestyler... he even said it in the battle. He wrote everything. I don't think he fully knew what he was getting himself into