JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne vs. Pusha T Beef

VIsqo

http://allhiphop.com/2012/05/25/hip-hop-rumors-lil-wayne-disses-pusha-t-on-ghoulish/

This topic has been trending online everywhere, from twitter to all the rap sites around. This is a beef that has been going on for years, and Lil Wayne responded with a diss song to Pusha T (from Clipse) whom I think will eat Lil Tuneshi alive!

What do yall think about this beef and the songs that have been released so far?

When I heard the lil wayne track it just backed up my point on how dumb he seems to be. Does anyone in his circle listen to the song, press pause ans say 'hey wayne, are you aware you just said you are going to stick your head up Push T's ass?"... wow...

Point given, Pusha T ain't bad at all. I like Clipse, tho' I consider than average or just above. I don't really have a desire to listen to the tracks tho.' It seems like a really random mix for a beef.

The thing is that nobody can call Pusha T un-talented. Maybe he hasnt chosen the best of topics to rap about, but his talent is undeniable. Malice was almost as good as part of Clipse, and g.o.o.d Music has brought many nice songs in the last year.

Pusha needs to make some Ether type of song. Something that would erase this clown from the airways for at least 10 years.

However, Pusha T is not at Nas status. Maybe in just the VA, but not beyond that. (i don't think)I don't know how long or legit it is, but Lil Wayne and his camp (Minaj, Drake, etc.) are what 50 Cent & G-Unit were, then Ja Rule, Ashanit, Inc, etc., Jay-Z and The ROC were in early 2000s. They are quote "the Main Event" of the hip hop scene. They WILL NOT stay there. The Entertainment industry is always desiring fresh faces. Ever artist who possess true talent and is not higher up in the hierachy of hip hop should be in some way "beefing" with Lil Wayne. You want him out, get him out. If not by dissing him, elevating themselves. You say why Lil Wayne is so bad, people will proceed to see why. If you state how good you are, people will wonder why. It's the same idea when people complained about how explicit the likes of NWA, Eminem, 2pac, Prince, Luke, and various Metal rock acts were. People went to see why it was "bad", as opposed to finding what was "good".

Well said, fuq!

Turntable, for some reason I was thinking of another early 2000's rapper. I haven't listened to any of Pusha T's solo stuff and it's been awhile since I listened to Clipse.

I ain't really worried about what rappers beef, like LL said many times there's too much tension in hip hop these days and battling ain't fun no more, I don't want no part of beef either, personally I think I'm on the verge of finally getting a record contract since my local radio heard me freestyle for 2 minutes and told me that I got skills like LL and Fresh Prince I grew up on, I know I got more skills than these wack mcs but I'm set to do my thing, artists should focus on making some good music and leave the beef to the side...

I think beef is a natural part of hip hop. But Id like them to keep it on the music. I like diss tracks, I love rap battles. But these rappers are more interested in money and recognition than actually being better than the other rapper and thats why in the end w e never know nowadays who wins. Oh, congrats man! I hope they give you that contract. Ive been following those lyrics of yours and I gotta say theres talent on that pen. It can take u far, so keep up the good work!

There's a difference between battling and beef. Battling is to emcess going at it lyric for lyric. The competition essentially ends at the end of the beat. Beef is what people like Lil' Wayne or 50 Cent have...it's emotionally immature people dissing each other. Two very different things.