JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MIB3 box office - $620 Million Worldwide

Hero1

• Members

Germany
#1 MiB3 - 135.000 visitors - 1,3 million $
#2 Snow White - 140.000 - 1,2 $

Now 1,63 million visitors and nearly 13 million € cash. (16,5 million $)

Actually we got the EM here so not many people going to cinema.

Without the 3D extra cash it was only 8,1 million €. Things going crazy. Without 3D extra cash mib3 wuild be not a total flop but its definetly then more a flop then top.

Edited by BWS.com

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It aint a flop anymore, mostly because of its revenue overseas. It can surpass MIB which is huge! Worldwide Will Smith is still the biggest actor there is.

• Members

I talk about the visitors ;)
mib3 with 3d about - 11 million visitors in the us. (I do the math with 13$ ticket price)

mib2 about - nearly 26 million visitors (10$ ticket price)

mib1 about - more then 43 million visitors (10$ ticket price)

i look at pursuit of happyness wich take ~ the same money in:

Its nearly 16,5 million visitors. (10$)

I do not say its a totally flop. On the financial way its gonna be one of the best movies ever. (And we have to wait for home cinema sales cash)
But only on that visitors way i think its a lil desaster. 3D save here the money.

Without that 3D cash it will be only 110.000.000 million $. And I think Sony is thinking about this fact too before they want a fourth one.

• Members

Sure. Absolutely. But i think they think about the other fact too. Theyre not so stupid to say "hooray lets do another mib then" only because of that 3D rescue the invest in the movie. (or double it now)

They know that, believe me they know that. But ok.

Im the only one who think about that. Thats ok. Lets talk again about what the movie earn worldwide. I think they reach 600 million... and then is everythin i say without value. HAHA

I talk about the visitors ;)

mib3 with 3d about - 11 million visitors in the us. (I do the math with 13$ ticket price)

mib2 about - nearly 26 million visitors (10$ ticket price)

mib1 about - more then 43 million visitors (10$ ticket price)

i look at pursuit of happyness wich take ~ the same money in:

Its nearly 16,5 million visitors. (10$)

I do not say its a totally flop. On the financial way its gonna be one of the best movies ever. (And we have to wait for home cinema sales cash)

But only on that visitors way i think its a lil desaster. 3D save here the money.

Without that 3D cash it will be only 110.000.000 million $. And I think Sony is thinking about this fact too before they want a fourth one.

We have to take into account that a number of pretty big movies have come out and are coming out this summer. If the original MIB came out in the same summer that Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider Man, Prometheus, G.I. Joe Retaliation, the Bourne Legacy, The Expendables 2 and Total Recall came out, it would not have been as big and would not have had as many viewers. Had MIIIB not had summer competition from those other movies, first, it would have been released during the July 4th holiday season, which is big for summer movies, and not in May when kids are still in school and a month before summer even ends. Second, more people would have gone to see it because it would be the lone or one of the few true summer blockbusters to see.

$577M and the number of people who went to see it is very good considering the number of other big movies that are coming out this summer. Avengers and TDKR have practically sucked up most of the air in the room, and in a tough economy, some people actually have to make a choice as to which movies they will be able to see and bring their kids to see this summer. We can't fairly compare MIB3 to MIB given the movie atmosphere this summer. This is the best summer blockbuster season ever with 4 huge movies (Avengers, MIB 3, Spiderman, Dark Knight) and some pretty serious action/adventure movies sprinkled in. We should be mindful of that when looking at these numbers.

Edited by MaxFly