JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Slaps Reporter

biggame1190

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at work when I saw this on the news. LOL! I really don't think the reporter was trying to kiss him on the mouth, only the cheek, but it looks awkward and crazy uncomfortable. It's hilarious to see that inner masculinism trigger like that when something like that happens...especially when there's dozens of cameras around. He brushed it off pretty quick. I'm no sure how legit the source is, but I read that the reporter involved often kisses celebrities that he interviews. Maybe someone on the board knows if this is true. The article I first read also made it sound like this the first time that something like this has happened. WRONG! I'm sure a few of us remember how that camera man kept bugging him and Jada back in 1995 and FP slapped him upside the head. As I remember, it was likely a set up for something like that to happen since he was being taped the whole time the guy was getting in his business.

The article I first read also made it sound like this the first time that something like this has happened. WRONG! I'm sure a few of us remember how that camera man kept bugging him and Jada back in 1995 and FP slapped him upside the head. As I remember, it was likely a set up for something like that to happen since he was being taped the whole time the guy was getting in his business.

I don't know if it's the same story, but I remember watching a video a couple years ago about Will getting angry at a reporter who was being disrespectful and telling him to go away. I think video was from 1995.

Anyway, I've read so many stupid comments on this story.. like "why did Will do this to the Ukrainian reporter if he supports Obama's gay marriage stance?" This is so ridiculous.. :thumbdown:

"Joker, he's lucky I didnt sucker punch him" -> Best Will Smith Quote in YEARS :pound:

Edited by Ale

This is the best thing to happen since that peach fight in the hotel. I saw the headline and thought it would be in a jokey way, but when i saw the video i couldnt believe he did that. Then after watching i can totally see why he did it haha. I cant tell if the guy was going for the lips but either way he was in Wills space and i think a backhand slap was Will holding himself back, if there were no cameras im sure he would have knocked him out haha.

Anyway highlights of the video is, the clear slap noise the backhand makes, the mortified faces of the people in the background and how quickly Will can snap back into pubic mode.

On twitter hes mostly got people on his side but the odd person is saying hes a homophobe and some people are saying hes gay and for some reason scientology got brought up. People are crazy.

People use the word "homophobic" way too loosely. I feel like I'd act in a similar way if this happened to me. I'm confident in my sexualality but there's a point of uncalled for physical comfort that can be reached where you just have to handle the situation. You don't just stand there smiling while some guy is all up on you. LOL I don't know if FP supports gay marraige or not, but that has nothing to do with a guy who is invading your personal space and getting him off you.

The Prince is pretty laid back, I don't think he would have done more damage if cameras aren't on...unless someone kept coming at him. You can clearly see the "moment of reality" on his face when the guy is getting too close for too long. In that moment, he would have done whatever he wanted...not something nice just because of the cameras. He clearly doesn't care for the one moment. LOL

Ok that video replaying the slap over and over in slow mo just killed me. This just keeps getting funnier.

But yeah the homophobic thing is so dumb, some people were saying it would be the same if a guy tried to kiss Cameran Diaz or something. Even if Will was gay, it doesnt give anyone the right to kiss him on the lips. I love that the majority of people are on Wills side. People might not mess with him again lol. "Sometimes ya'll mistake nice for soft!"