JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Adam Yauch aka MCA of the Beastie Boys is dead

gosia

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys has passed away at the age of 47. GlobalGrind has confirmed this very sad news.
One of our heroes, Adam Yauch aka MCA of the Beastie Boys, passed away this morning after a long bout with cancer.
Yauch was a member of the groundbreaking, incredibly innovative and creative group, The Beastie Boys, with his two friends, Mike D and Ad-Roc, which changed our culture forever.
Yauch was born an only child in Brooklyn, New York, the son of Frances and Noel Yauch, a painter and architect. His father was Catholic and his mother was Jewish.
Throughout high school, he taught himself to play the bass guitar. The Beasties first show, then still a hardcore punk band, while still attending Edward R. Murrow High School in the Midwood neighborhood of Brooklyn.
Yauch attended Bard College for two years before dropping out. Two years later, at the age of 22, the Beastie Boys, now performing as a hip-hop trio, released their first album Licensed to Ill on Def Jam Records.
In 2009, Yauch was treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node and underwent surgery and radiation therapy. He later made a video announcement about his diagnosis.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/adam-yauch-mca-beastie-boys-dies-47-photos#ixzz1tvauDOM4

what is going on this year with all the deaths?! Can't believe it... so sad. RIP MCA.

This is a big loss to Hip-Hop. As far as experimental Hip-hop in later years and crossover success early on. Nobody could match what The Beasties brought to the table.

Their last album was really good too.

I'm generally saddened by this. Definately one of my top 5 fave Hip-Hop groups

I'm really sad. I have a lot of memories connected with Beastie Boys records, they something like heroes of mine. In addition, I always thought that MCA is heavily underrated as a Rapper. He was always a G.O.A.T. in my book. I am also sad that I will never see them live.

R.I.P. Adam. And thanks again for everything.

I was shocked when I first saw this news. I remember hearing that he was sick but I guess I pushed it to the back of my brain because I forgot about it. I wasn't always in to the Beastie Boys earlier in their career but I always respected them. I actually got more into the second half of their career. Beastie Boys are always reliable for staying consistent while growing at the same time. I get the impression that this is the end of the group, which is sad news. Rest in peace. Sending prayers out regarding his family, friends, and fans.

RIP to MCA

' Last night I took a 14 hour flight to Sydney Australia from LA embarking on PEs 80th tour in 25 years. I landed I got 65 texts with the news. Adam and theBoys put us on our first tour 25 years and 79 tours ago. They were essential to our beginning, middle and today. Adam especially was unbelievable in our support from then till now even allowing me to speech induct them into the Rock hall of fame. I consider my self a strong man and my father says be prepared to lose many on your post 50 path of life. Still Im a bit teary eyed leaving this plane R.I.P Adam Aka MCA'
Chuck D