JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Victory Determinance

bigted

I wrote this before I graduated high school reflecting back to how i made through those 4 years that were sometimes hell. Enjoy!

"Victory Determinance"
Poem written on June 12,2003

The clock is running fast
With the game ending
To show that I'm the one man
Who knows the facts
When I ain't pretending
To go and accomplish a plan
Any one that I want to be exact
These thoughts in my brain are endless
You have to learn to understand
My victory determinance

I noticed during my days at school
As my high school life comes to a close
There are a lot of times
That I could have got fazed by a fool
And I could have gone
Into something stupid and lost my mind
But instead I built the tools
Constantly pushing myself for knowledge to grow
Then I was able to find
Another thing to keep me from losing my cool
Which was the thing of how I was able to unwind
In other words relax to know that nobody can rule
Over what I go toward
In all this confidance I learned to find
When others are fooling, I'm using my victory determinanace!

I'm glad that y'all enjoy it, I've been wanting to show a different side of me that you don't see through my songs, senior year of high school has been the most memorable year for me so far in my life, it was the year that I learned who was my friend and who wasn't and I felt just doing me and staying focused was the best thing to do, I'm going tell y'all something "Born To Reign" inspired me to write this one, you don't have to sell out your image to make a friend, if you respect me for me I'm cool with that, if you don't respect me I won't force you to 'cause I have better things to do than trying to force someone to like me.

[quote=bigted,Sep 23 2004, 04:15 PM]senior year of high school has been the most memorable year for me so far in my life, it was the year that I learned who was my friend and who wasn't and I felt just doing me and staying focused was the best thing to do, I'm going tell y'all something "Born To Reign" inspired me to write this one, you don't have to sell out your image to make a friend, if you respect me for me I'm cool with that, if you don't respect me I won't force you to 'cause I have better things to do than trying to force someone to like me.[/quote]
I totally agree. And that'z definately something I'm doin. Findin' my "true" friends and stuff.

I remember when I started writing poetry in early 2002 it was after my grandmother passed away in December of 2001, I do it to pay homage to her because she used to write poems too, she never released them, our family is trying to get them published, this talent is in my blood. I used to write in a journal when I was about 11 years old, I stopped after a lil' while, but my current poetry book is like a journal 'cause I write about a lot of the things that happened to me that I might not say in a song, I have over 100 poems written over these 2 3/4 years, I never run out of inspiration, if I did I would run out of life. :werd:

Yeah. I almost feel the same way. Runnin out of this creativity is like runnin out of life. It'z crossed my mind, but it hasn't even come close 2 happening. Just me almost giving up, not losing my creativity. This track I'm doin called "Niggaz Poetry" will really get out that part that people don't know about me.

[font="Arial"][color=blue]I liked that alot...wow. thanX 4 sharing it wtih us...

hey Timbo..how ur grandmother doing? I remember you saying I reminded u of her a coupla years ago,... im guessing shes full of wisdom and love ... hahaha :thumb:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Hey I might post this one poem called "Poetry" that I dedicated to my grandma, stayed tuned...