JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff in London May 9th

The guys have let me do the honours of telling you the story. So me, Brakes, Kev and Kevs friend Mario met for pre-drinks at Kevs hostel, we made our way over to the Jazz cafe nice and early and we were sat having a chat on the sofas. Darnell came in and actually noticed Brakes before we even saw him. He came over to say hello and the guys introduced me. Everythig ive heard about Darnell is true, he really is the friendliest guy ever. He then bought us a round of drinks and told us we wernt allowed to nurse them, so we had to down them. We wernt so sure about this idea bcoz it was only 8pm and we had already been drinking since 6pm. I wanted to actually remember the show lol. Darnell then introduced us to a guy called DJ Badger and sat him down with us and told him we were like family lol. Darnell then had to leave for a bit and left us chatting with Badger.

We made our way into the crowd about an hour later waiting for the show and we wernt sure if Darnell would find us or if we would even get to meet Jeff afterwards. So Jeff came up and started the show, he was amazing to say the least, the place was packed full and he had the whole crowd going. About an hour in i get tapped on the shoulder by Kev and i turn around and Darnell is there and grabs my hand and leads me to the stage. So there i was on stage stood next to Jeff taking pictures. Darnell said "you can film if you want" so i did, i was filming little bits and then i stopped for a bit. Darnell said "You want to film this bit", he was right, Jeff did Rock the bells and it was awesome seeing that up close!

So i go back down and Darnell says "I'll make sure you meet him afterwards". A bit later on he gets Kev up, Skills even shouted "Its Kevtastic" to the crowd haha. So Kev filmed and took pictures too. Just as Jeff was playing summertime and finishing the show Darnell calls us up and takes us upstairs. Brakes then got to be a roadie and ended up carrying one of Jeffs cases. So we wait round for a load of other people to get Jeffs signature and we go in last. The guys made me go first and instead of sceaming i go all shy and starstruck and dont know what to say. So i told him he killed it and asked for a signature and picture. Kev then gives Jeff an England football club T Shirt with "The Magnificant 88" on the back.

So we're all just chatting and Kev tells Jeff that Tim your planning on coming here pretty soon and Jeff seems excited about it. Darnell was telling Jeff how im from the site as well and that we've been members for ages. Its hard to remember everything coz it ends up all a blur but it was an amazing night. Heres some pictures, if they work.

522247_10150813637202947_514937946_10028

JJFP.com reprisent

578049_10150813646357947_514937946_10028

My lovely view

543029_10150813647417947_514937946_10028

Brakes with Jeff's case

543021_10150813648652947_514937946_10028

Kev and the T Shirt he gave him

558628_10150813649282947_514937946_10028

Me and Darnell

294925_10150813649987947_514937946_10028

My signed CD

My pic with Jeff is on a weird setting on my camera by accident so i have to figure out how to upload that one. The others have pics of us all with Jeff so i'll let them post those ones.

Think Julie summed up the evening perfectly. The Set last night was definately amongst the best i've heard Jeff do. He keeps adding to his routines to keep it fresh. His calssic Peter Piper and Rock The Bells routines he's famous for keep getting better and he's trying new things. Here's a video clip i shot when i was up on stage.

Was a brilliant night! And even better sharing it with the JJFP fam! Your never dissappointed when you go to a Jeff show! The whole crew is just so cool! But yeah Tim... Jeff seemed excited about the fact you may be coming over to the UK this year! Jeff said he will be coming back so we all need to try and coincide dates!!

glad to hear y'all enjoyed the show!

Was a brilliant night! And even better sharing it with the JJFP fam! Your never dissappointed when you go to a Jeff show! The whole crew is just so cool! But yeah Tim... Jeff seemed excited about the fact you may be coming over to the UK this year! Jeff said he will be coming back so we all need to try and coincide dates!!

Yeah his face lit up when Kev mentioned it, now u have to come.

• Admin

This whole post has left a huge smile on my face.. it looks like a truly awesome night!!! I love the pic of everyone with Jeff.. who would have thought this would happen when we were all complaining about born to reign haha.. Guess I'll have to time my trip to coincide when Jeff is back in the UK.. Its time to notch off that shadow dream and see Jeff with all you guys!

It was actually me that mentioned it but i'll let that one slide!! You were pretty hyped up!!! :pound:

lol sorry told you i couldnt remember it all properly.

This whole post has left a huge smile on my face.. it looks like a truly awesome night!!! I love the pic of everyone with Jeff.. who would have thought this would happen when we were all complaining about born to reign haha.. Guess I'll have to time my trip to coincide when Jeff is back in the UK.. Its time to notch off that shadow dream and see Jeff with all you guys!

Yes we need to make it happen, Kim said if you come she'll try and make it too!