JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

No MIB 3 Track from Will Smith

gosia

I really hope that the music Will's been working on with Jeff get's released cause when i hear news like this it lowers my hopes for a new album and makes me think that Will may have been recording new music just for fun and is not planning on releasing anything.

Edited by analogue

Now this is me and my positive thinking BUT black suits coming was nowhere near a big a hit as MIB and lets be honest a lot of you guys said its the weakest track of born to reign. Maybe Will decided it was a bit predictable to do a 3rd, or hes out of ideas for that film. Lets just hope hes still doing this new album, maybe hes trying to get away from the cheesy "weak" rapper thing and wants to come out with something more like party starter.

Dont get me wrong i wanted this track too and Pitbull is a pile of crap but maybe Will has thought a lot about this and decided its not the right way to go with his music career.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE decision. I am actually angry about this. I can't stand Pitbull. I mean, of all the people to give it to... Pitbull?

This also means the song is going to be plastered all over the movie and the marketing.

I am more angry about this than I should be, but DAMMIT WILL, CUT IT OUT!

Now this is me and my positive thinking BUT black suits coming was nowhere near a big a hit as MIB and lets be honest a lot of you guys said its the weakest track of born to reign. Maybe Will decided it was a bit predictable to do a 3rd, or hes out of ideas for that film. Lets just hope hes still doing this new album, maybe hes trying to get away from the cheesy "weak" rapper thing and wants to come out with something more like party starter.

Dont get me wrong i wanted this track too and Pitbull is a pile of crap but maybe Will has thought a lot about this and decided its not the right way to go with his music career.

I really hope your right Julie and i know i'm in the minority but i like Black Suits Coming.

Let me react a little differently from the rest of the board. ...but only a little.

I'm not so worried about FP not doing an MIB song. I mean, what else can be said lyrically about the MIB movie that isn't overdone? I feel that ANOTHER MIB song would be lyrically boring. I don't follow Jaden's and Willow's music closely, but this would have probably been a good outlet for them.

Unfortunately, Pitbull's music is tired and annoying. I'm most upset that he has the lead single rather than the fact that it's not FP. I hope they have a legit soundtrack (like the 1st movie). Since the 2nd movie didn't have a proper soundtrack, a lot of us were disappointed. If they do a true soundtrack, there would be hope for a regular Fresh Prince track...which would make me 100 times happier than any MIB song could.

If there was a song like "Just Crusin" on the soundtrack then I'd be happy too