JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

No MIB 3 Track from Will Smith

gosia

After handling the theme songs for the first two "Men in Black" movies, Will Smith has deferred to superstar rapper Pitbull to provide the theme for the forthcoming third installment of the sci-fi franchise. "Back In Time" will be released to radio and as a digital single on Monday (Mar. 26), two months ahead of "Men in Black 3's" May 25 release.

"It's an incredible honor to be a part of such an amazing franchise as Men in Black and I have so much respect for Will Smith, especially with our similar musical backgrounds," said Pitbull in a statement on Thursday. "MiB 3" director Barry Sonnenfeld added, "My 19-year-old daughter turned me on to Pitbull. I'm thrilled that he wrote such a great song for our movie that totally gets it."

"Men in Black," Will Smith's 1997 track featured on the original "Men in Black" soundtrack, led Billboard's Radio Songs chart for four weeks in the summer of 1997. For 2002's "Men in Black II," Smith recorded "Black Suits Comin' (Nod Ya Head)," which also served as the lead single to his third solo album, "Born To Reign." The original "Men in Black" soundtrack has sold 3.1 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The title of Pitbull's "Back In Time" serves as a reference to the plot of "Men in Black 3," in which Agent J (Smith) must travel back in time in order to save the universe. Pitbull sampled Mickey & Sylvia's 50s hit "Love is Strange" for the new song.

Pitbull scored his first-ever No. 1 song on the Hot 100 last year with "Give Me Everything," featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer. "International Love," his single with Chris Brown, topped last week's Dance Club Songs Chart.
http://www.billboard.com/news/pitbull-going-back-in-time-with-men-in-black-1006544352.story#/news/pitbull-going-back-in-time-with-men-in-black-1006544352.story

WTF?! :hissyfit: Pitbull? Not Will??!

This makes no sense..... The MIB theme songs belong to Will. I was really hoping Will would give us something smooth to get down to as a precursor to his album. All I can hope is that he is putting his musical efforts into this new album...with Jeff

After handling the theme songs for the first two "Men in Black" movies, Will Smith has deferred to superstar rapper Pitbull to provide the theme for the forthcoming third installment of the sci-fi franchise. "Back In Time" will be released to radio and as a digital single on Monday (Mar. 26), two months ahead of "Men in Black 3's" May 25 release.

"It's an incredible honor to be a part of such an amazing franchise as Men in Black and I have so much respect for Will Smith, especially with our similar musical backgrounds," said Pitbull in a statement on Thursday. "MiB 3" director Barry Sonnenfeld added, "My 19-year-old daughter turned me on to Pitbull. I'm thrilled that he wrote such a great song for our movie that totally gets it."

"Men in Black," Will Smith's 1997 track featured on the original "Men in Black" soundtrack, led Billboard's Radio Songs chart for four weeks in the summer of 1997. For 2002's "Men in Black II," Smith recorded "Black Suits Comin' (Nod Ya Head)," which also served as the lead single to his third solo album, "Born To Reign." The original "Men in Black" soundtrack has sold 3.1 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The title of Pitbull's "Back In Time" serves as a reference to the plot of "Men in Black 3," in which Agent J (Smith) must travel back in time in order to save the universe. Pitbull sampled Mickey & Sylvia's 50s hit "Love is Strange" for the new song.

Pitbull scored his first-ever No. 1 song on the Hot 100 last year with "Give Me Everything," featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer. "International Love," his single with Chris Brown, topped last week's Dance Club Songs Chart.

http://www.billboard...006544352.story

WTF?! :hissyfit: Pitbull? Not Will??!

Pitbull??? :scared::thumbdown::sFun_DeadHorse::sFun_banghead::nono::sFi_bat::sFun_doh2::grrr::awwhellnaw::nobueno:

Edited by Ale

• Admin

Is this a joke? Is it April fools? That is the worst news I've ever heard on this site... :sFun_banghead::grrr::grrr: Okay if Will doesn't do the theme song..then maybe q-tip or LL Cool J could do something..but Pitbull? instead of Will? He's lost his damn mind....

This sucks big time!! But it's not like we didn't see this coming! I didn't expect Will to do a song for the soundtrack. He's too busy with shooting his next film.

Sure Pitbull is not on the same level as Will, but he's popular at the moment. So it makes sense for him to do a track. Maybe Will can jump on a remix or something!

It doesn't look like we will be getting any new music soon! Damn!

This is (Pit)Bull****. Very much a downer. If Will's been making music lately then what better way to kick start a comeback than doing a track to one of the biggest movies of the year. Easy Promotion.

everyone said how i feel about this, just sad...