JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

gotye - somebody i used to know

Hero1

• Admin

couple of months I told yall about my high school friend Wally..we used to play basketball together..and his song somebody I used to know..

well its now #1 in the UK.. and 27 in the US and heading for the top 10.. the video now has 67 million views on youtube.. amazing.

what an amazing story, i remembering checking out that song when you posted, that must be a great feeling to see a friend have that much success...

No way! You know that guy? They have been playing it on the Chris Moyles show which is one of the biggest radio shows in the UK, they were laughing bcoz the start sounds like baa baa black sheep. Its not something i'd usually be into but i kinda like it, its been stuck in my head all day, no lie. I love the womans bit the most, she has a great voice.

• Admin

No way! You know that guy? They have been playing it on the Chris Moyles show which is one of the biggest radio shows in the UK, they were laughing bcoz the start sounds like baa baa black sheep. Its not something i'd usually be into but i kinda like it, its been stuck in my head all day, no lie. I love the womans bit the most, she has a great voice.

We grew up in the same street basically..went to the same school.. my 2 best friends through primary school and high school were his best friends..he even scored their movie.. so yeah amazing to see him become that big! Kimbra the girl is from New Zealand she is a great artist too

hey tim does he have a website or a facebook page?

I must admit, the first time I saw his video, I wasn't feeling it. I fell asleep on the sofa and work up at like 4 in the morning. I was like "what is this?!" and turned it off. As the song has gotten more popular and I've seen it more, I kinda like it. It's not my taste, but it's different and artsy.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

well its now #2 in the US about to hit #1 and even Glee did a cover of it.. Wally must now be a millionaire at this point..crazy.. my best friends from kindergarden to college..like for 20 years..made this movie and they gotye to score the entire thing.. I wonder if they will re-release it now hes got so big