JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Another Beat ("Carolina")

Turntable

Hey ya'll, I made another beat. This time I tried to make it sound more like a complete beat, I added Hi-Hats and stuff this time and played around with some effects. I kind of like it. I call it Carolina, and it is a homage to both James Taylor and Pimp C :prof:

Anyway, I think I did a much better job on this one. I would as always appreciate feedback and criticism.

Download: http://www.mediafire...cb2l1samt8u2sot

P.S. Please use headphones or decent speakers to check it out, the beats really needs that or else it sounds much flatter than it is supposed to.

Edited by Turntable

Why feel embarrassed? I've used them all over the years Music 2000, Reason, eJay, Garageband you name it. If he results are good who cares how you got there! I recently made the jump to Logic. Mainly because my PC went schizo and I'd had enough of Microsoft. I must say though converting to a Mac and Logic is probably one of the best decisions I've made. I'm not claiming to be some big time producer (completely far from it) but I have noticed a distinct improvement in the quality of my beats. Logic is huge! It's gonna take me a long time to master it but it is sooooo powerful and allows you to really be creative. Defo one to think about! Keep it up tho!

I think a person can make a nice pop song using that beat, its better than the other 2 but I see a lot more room for improvement and for making new things with the 2nd one.

Thanks ya'll, I appreciate the feedback.

@ Brakes: Logic is great and Garage Band is far as I know is really a very stripped down version of Logic, so I figured I try to to master Garage Band a little and then make the switch to Logic.

@ Big Willie: Well if you ever do feel to use a beat just holla and I will make a longer version

@ Visqo: The second one? you mean the second beat I posted? Yeah I think so too, but I'm not ready haha. I will get back on that one once I have more skills.

Oh an guys, we should forget about beat number one.. :pound: I still like the sample tho

Edited by Turntable

Hey Turntable I'm gonna check out those beats soon but right now my computer's been having problems playing audio off the internet for the last couple weeks, songs I got saved to my windows media player haven't worked either for some reason, the only audio I've been able to play on my computer lately has been CDs, does anyone know what the problem might be?

thanks to the homie cem i got my audio to work again, the soundcard levels were low but it's all good now and i'm listening to my audio again, i just checked this out i like the concept and i like the track, this makes me feel chill after all the emotions i've been feeling lately

• 1 month later...

Hey Turntable, the link for your beat is broken....do you have a soundclick page or something where I can listen to your beats...I'm really interested in what you've made!

The sample is beautiful man! The beat overall is good, the drums sound a lil bit off ith the sample at some points, but is sounds pretty good together. Personally I'd change the claps for snares, but that's just me. Good job man! I really enjoyed this sample!