JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Reunion dinner

gosia

I meant 2 post this earlier this week (one of my friends actually posted it on my Facebook). Here's an article on it from AOL/Huffpost...

'Fresh Prince Of Bel Air' Cast Reunited (PHOTO)

If you can recite the entire "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" theme song, then you'll enjoy this.
They haven't been an on-screen family for nearly 16 years, but the cast of the TV show that made Will Smith a household name, have kept in touch.
Smith posted this photo of himself with the Banks family on his Facebook page -- yes that's James Avery, Karyn Parsons, Alfonso Riberio and Tatyana Ali, perhaps better known as Uncle Phil, Hillary, Carlton and Ashley to fans.
Smith wrote, "Got the Holiday season started right with a "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" reunion...there's nothin' like spending Holidays with fam! "
According to TMZ, the photo was taken last week at a luncheon for Parson's charity Sweet Blackberry, a non-profit organization aims to share stories of African American achievement with children.
Of course it wasn't a complete reunion -- noticeably absent were Daphne Reid and Janet Hubert who both played Vivian Banks, and Joseph Marcell, who played everyone's favorite wisecracking butler, Geoffrey.
PHOTO:
FRESH-PRINCE-CAST-REUNITED.jpg

"There will never be a reunion ... as I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith," Hubert said.

Don't worry, Janet. If there ever is a reunion they'll call Daphne Reid to play your role.

Best post of 2011. LOL.

Janet was such a good actress that she was completely irrelevant for the most part post '93. Its funny how that little punk became the biggest movie star in the world....

Whether she's telling the truth or fabricating things, I don't feel bad for her. All of this was so long ago...who really cares?! In the end, if FP says she has a bad attitude, she has done nothing but proof it for over 15 years. She says FP's a jerk...but no one else says this...so who are we REALLY going 2 believe? If he was, he'd be letting loose on her for saying all the stuff she has said over the years. There's a reason she isn't getting a lot of work and he's one of the biggest celebrities in the world. She's spent more years bad mouthing the Fresh Prince than she's had managing a career....which she killed by acting this way. I also think there's a reason u don't see ANYONE else in the cast being cool with her. If it was really FP being a jerk, don't u think she'd remain friends with SOMEONE else in the cast?? She also says he's STILL a jerk. How would she know this if she hasn't been around him in YEARS?!?

From her facebook:
Ok so I am going to reach out to Will and suggest we really have a re union, what do you all think. He can only say yay or nay. It is time for this to heal for once and for all. I tell my son that he must forgive, and forgive himself for letting it hurt so much, I must do the same. I will keep you posted.

She's delusional. :scared:

I don't know...I think that's exactly what is needed. I'm sure none of them is okay with the way things are, even if it's not on the front of their brain on a daily basis. She DOES need to forgive and move on. And maybe FP does owe that to her. I'd like to see this happen. No so much an official "reunion"...just a resolution that hopefully end up being a positive thing.

Exclusive: "Anyone Who Has A Problem With Will Smith Has A Problem With Me"

Known for his relationships with Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff, SOHH hit up rap veteran Skillz to get his take on former "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" actress Janet Hubert and the disses she has hurled at the Big Willie.

While he can understand Hubert, who played Aunt Vivian Banks, and her point of view, Skillz said he ultimately supports Smith.

"I didn't know Will back then [during 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' days], I didn't know him personally back then," Skillz told SOHH. "I've heard stories from a couple people in the cast about how she was and I believe it was just that syndrome where she's like, 'I'm a classically trained Broadway actress and here I am on this show with this hip-hop kid.' Some people just don't get that. I call it the J.J. syndrome. You know how J.J. [Evans] was on 'Good Times' and you've got Esther Rolle, John Amos, they come from 'Roots' and classic Broadway acting and you're on a show where people are just waiting for the skinny kid to say, 'Dy-no-mite'? After a while, I can see them getting frustrated. And Will is my man, so anyone who has a problem with Will has a problem with me." (SOHH)

http://www.sohh.com/2012/01/skillz_stands_by_will_smith_over_fresh_p.html