JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

mac miller has #1 album

Hero1

• Admin

Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller Scores #1 with 175-185k, Twilight, Now Bow

Rostrum Records rapper Mac Miller’s Blue Slide Park, distributed digitally by INgrooves and physically by Fontana, will debut at #1 smack dab in the middle of Q4, with estimates of between 175-185k, which might even be conservative.

This is a triumph of social networking and good, new-fashioned viral marketing, as Malcolm McCormick, the son of a Christian architect father and Jewish mother photographer, transforms his combined 2.7 million Twitter, Facebook and MySpace followers into an impressive debut.

This is Miller’s physical full-length debut after a series of well-received digital mixtapes, an EP, On and On and On Beyond, and a smash video in “Donald Trump.”

Those figures are based on one-day sales figures from music retailers, some of whom are even holding out at brick-and-mortar outlets, though it’s looking like digital might even surpass physical on this release.

It would be good if this mac miller/jazzy jeff album comes out soon it might give Jeff a bit more exposure..strange I know.. but it seems a white kid doing 1993 hip-hop is liked by kids these days..because they aren't taught their hip hop history so they'd rather listen to mac miller than hear brand nubian, krs 1 or a tribe called quest.. :Investigate:

mac miller is one of the better new school mcs so this is a good thing, speaking of album sales i wonder how much keith sweat's new album sold, after listening to the new ll cool j single i'm thinking it'd be even better if he did another song with keith in the likes of "why me baby"

i wonder if more people are going to go out and buy heavy d's cds after he died since that seems to happen to a lot of rappers that die....

I wasn't crazy about Mac Miller but after listening to some of his mixtapes, I'm a big fan. You have to understand that he's a kid at heart just kicking it and having fun. He can definitely spit and I can assure you he's better than Rick Ross, Soulja Boy, Waka Flocka...etc and all these wack emcees. He's very respectful to the old school and pays homage by spitting over classic beats and hooking up the DJ Premiers, the DJ Jazzy Jeff's...etc.