JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Best New Jack Swing Tracks

Big Ben

Alright, so I grew up listening to oldies and blues and polka, when I hit junior high I jumped into listening to rap, needless to say I skipped a whole lot of good music. One style that always peaked my interest was the New Jack Swing era. Apart from me hitting up wikipedia I was hoping you guys who have a lot of knowledge could point out some of the more upbeat, faster paced songs of the style. Songs in the vein of Bobby Brown My Prerogative. Not really looking for anything too slow, not at the moment at least. Thanks guys.

Oh, and if anyone would like to be educated in Polka feel free to ask. :pound:

Edited by Hero1
proper topic heading

you search for late '80s early '90s music of keith sweat, guy, bobby brown, levert, en vogue, michael jackson, and bell biv devoe, boyz ii men's 1st album cooleyhighharmony, and you'd find a lot of great new jack swing, heavy d collaborated with a lot of these artists too, btw for instance he was on the remix of "I Want Her" with Keith Sweat:

New Jack Swing is an amazing era. Sophistication and class with an urban edge. Colors were vibrant and the suits were smart (lol). The energy was one of a kind and and the sound was sugary sweet. Some artists' catalogs were completely New Jack Swing while other artists dibbled and dabbed in it. It was where Hip-Hop and R-N-B music truly merged and the pop scene embraced it. Here's some artists to check into...

Guy-Teddy Riley-Aaron Hall-Damian Hall, Johnny Kemp, Keith Sweat, El Debarge, Today, New Edition-BBD-Ralph Tresvant-Bobby Brown-Johnny Gill, Jeff Redd, Troop, LeVert, Heavy D + The Boyz, Father MC, Wreckx-N-Effect, BLACKstreet, Jodeci, TLC, Tony Toni Tone, En Vogue, Hi-Five, Basic Back, Color Me Badd, Riff, Kut Klose, Mary J. Blige, Christopher Williams, SWV, G-Wiz.

GUY - I Like

G-WIZ - Teddybear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXNBDSluB2s

U need to re-title this thread as "New Jack Swing"...more peeps will visit it and it'll last longer on the board.

• Members

you search for late '80s early '90s music of keith sweat, guy, bobby brown, levert, en vogue, michael jackson, and bell biv devoe, boyz ii men's 1st album cooleyhighharmony, and you'd find a lot of great new jack swing, heavy d collaborated with a lot of these artists too, btw for instance he was on the remix of "I Want Her" with Keith Sweat:

Love this track!