JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

HEAVY D - RIP - at age 44

DevilsJim89

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/08/heavy-d-dead/#.TrmsNex8Hnh

Rap legend Heavy D -- one of the most influential rappers of the '90s -- died earlier today ... TMZ has learned.

Heavy D -- real name Dwight Arrington Myers -- was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today ... and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM. He was 44 years old.

We've learned a 911 call was placed from Heavy's Beverly Hills home around 11:25 AM to report an unconscious male on the walkway .

When help arrived, we're told Heavy D was conscious and speaking -- and was transported to a nearby hospital.

He died a short time later.

Cops are investigating the death -- and so far, there are no obvious signs of foul play. Police are currently at the home.

Heavy D had several massive hits -- including "Now That We Found Love." He also wrote and performed the theme song for "In Living Color" ... and appeared as an actor in the movie "Life."

Heavy just performed at the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert in Wales on October 8. He sang "Jam" with La Toya Jackson -- and rocked it (video below).

-----------------------

RIP!!! One of the best ever!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this news recently. My heart sunk. Heavy D is one of the best to ever do it. He is one of the most versatile emcees Hip-Hop has ever seen yet he's never compromised the man he is. Heavy D always came with quality, whether it was tried and true Hip-Hop, dancehall, or experimental. He's one of the most loved men in Hip-Hop and entertainment in general. Hev's lyrics were always real and relevant.

I'm in shock now. This man helped mold me as the man I am today. It's artists like JJ+FP, Heavy D, LL Cool J, Ahmad, MC Lyte, etc, they kept me on the road that kept me from being a foul mouth, selfish, ignorant fool who had more than dozens of times to be that way and get into some gritty stuff in life. I just made a new Hev-D mix CD for the car 2 weeks ago. Rest in peace.

Got get his album that just dropped over a month ago...
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Opus/dp/B005O2F31K/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320800584&sr=301-2

I read this and was shocked. He was putting it down just a little bit ago on the BET awards. Really bummed. He's one of those artists, when they die, that make you stop and say 'what if'. RIP.

http://www.bet.com/video/hiphopawards/2011/performances/hha-perf-heavyd-s1.html

Always had that energy.

Edited by Big Ben

this is the saddest i felt since james brown died 5 years ago, hip hop's lost quite a legend, rest in peace to heavy d!!