JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP ARE BACK!

Ale

Will Smith Reunites With DJ Jazzy Jeff & Records New Music

Will Smith’s longtime collaborator says The Fresh Prince never wanted to leave rap alone…

Plans for a Will Smith comeback album have yet to be solidified, but XXLMag.com has learned that the Oscar-nominated-rapper-turned-actor has logged in studio time with his longtime friend and collaborator, DJ Jazzy Jeff.

“He came down like two weeks ago and was like, ‘Yo, I wanna get back into the studio, and we just knocked out some stuff,” Jeff told XXL. “I just think more than anything there is no set pattern, no set plan, but we just wanna go into the studio and see what we come out with. If I can get it back to the way we used to make music, you know, it used to be just me and him in the room. You don’t need no entourages and cameras and all of that and see what happens. He hasn’t decided exactly what he wants to do.”

Though Smith hasn’t released music since 2005′s Lost & Found, Jeff assures that the Fresh Prince still has hip-hop in mind.

“Will has never not wanted to do music,” Jeff shared. “When you’re pretty much the biggest movie star in the world, the movie people don’t want you to do music ’cause you ain’t making $50 million off of making music. From a financial perspective, movies is where it’s at. And it’s not like his heart is not in the movies, but he’s always wanted to do some level of music.”—Carl Chery

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/10/will-smith-reunites-with-dj-jazzy-jeff-records-new-music/

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Ale

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god, my prayers have been answered!!!

• Hero1 unpinned this topic