JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story...

Vipa

I dont like his voice either, and I dont like his trying to be a R&B singer..

Oh and that Fashawn dude is the bomb, I was introduced to his music on this forum and since then I usually listen to the ode to illmatic mixtape.

j. cole did a nice interview here with allhiphop.com:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2011/09/28/22893011.aspx

I heard a J. Cole song a little bit ago and didn't like it at all. I think it was that Trey Songz. I recently peeped his album and I love it! I like at least three quarters of it. Just listening to it took me back to a good place. A place where I was actually excited about a Hip-Hop or Rap album. Unlike all the current guys, this guy as a voice, he has a variety of focused subject matter PLUS his beats are solid.

There's still some current mcs out there that're doing their thing but they just haven't been getting heavy airplay which is dissapointing 'cause it felt like for a long time that I was just one of a handful of people that actually listens to quality music but with J. Cole having success I hope this opens the door for record labels to promote real hip hop again...

I'm hoping that the recent success of these new mcs like BOB and J. Cole will bring some hunger to the legends like Fresh Prince, Rakim, and LL to put out some fresh material for 2012

"Best Friend" on the "Friday Night Lights" mixtape is probably one of my favorites from him, it samples Aaliyah

J. Cole Debuts At Number 1, Pushes 217k

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:14 PM | 4 comments

By Houston Williams

Meebo Share Button AHH IconGet Alerts

AllHipHop Radio

(AllHipHip News) J. Cole has finally arrived, as the young rapper managed to move over 217, 000 of his debut album.

Cole World: The Sideline Story sold an roughly 217,324 copies in it’s first week, according to industry trade Hits Daily Double.

The figures are impressive and would be regarded as the highest charting album for a freshman solo Hip-Hop album this year. The numbers have yet to be verified by SoundScan, the music industry standard.

J. Cole was ecstatic and expressed his glee via Twitter.

"So many people to stunt on, fighting the urge to be spiteful. This moment is too important for that. Just want to say THANK YOU," he said. "Thanks to yall, we shook the game up. No chart topping single, just 2 years of hard work, great music and real ass fans. #1 album. Thanks to every fan that held me down, every friend, every blog, magazine, tv, radio station, dj’s and pd’s, I feel like we ALL won."

Official sales numbers will be released on Wednesday.