JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story...

Vipa

250,000 is impressive, that's more than what game sold in the first week, maybe this'll open the doors up for more real mcs to sell(i.e. kel if you're reading this get back in the studio, you could still make it man), j. cole's holding down for the new generation of mcs, if it's anything like the "friday night lights" mixtape it'll be one of the best albums out in years, he got a lot of skills

Something is going on in Hip Hop, it has been going on for a while now. A lot of new MC's are coming up through the Intertnet, a lot of them are very talented and they are very good in combining classic Hip Hop qualities with a certain pop appeal. They talk about things todays youth around the world can relate too. They are pretty much the first realy globalized Rappers. Right now Cole has proven to be the leader of this New School. He might not the the one that has the most skillz (I'd say Kendrick Lamar is), but he is still very talented and with this Album and the way it has been selling he has proven to be the one that is one step infront of the rest. Cole World is a very, very good Album and probably the best Album I heard this year. Cole is a great producer, he can easily switch flows and he has is very versatile in his subjects. This Album is dope. These guys are the truth. Period.

Listen to this song, very powerull stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBP0O7QMr8

And for the charts, he can just as well make a Pop Song without releasing Ringtone Rap (Like A Star is a free Track btw, he finsihed it too late for the album):

Edited by Turntable

I notice how a lot of people including many on this board spend a lot of time discussing all the ways about how hip hop is dead but don't spend much time to realise that there's a lot of talent out there that's breathing life into the game, I'm not that way though, I like to support these real mcs, if more do that then we'll see hip hop be at the level where it's supposed to be

"Friday Night Lights" has a lot of themes to it like a movie, he really knows how to craft lyrics together

Something is going on in Hip Hop, it has been going on for a while now. A lot of new MC's are coming up through the Intertnet, a lot of them are very talented and they are very good in combining classic Hip Hop qualities with a certain pop appeal. They talk about things todays youth around the world can relate too. They are pretty much the first realy globalized Rappers. Right now Cole has proven to be the leader of this New School. He might not the the one that has the most skillz (I'd say Kendrick Lamar is), but he is still very talented and with this Album and the way it has been selling he has proven to be the one that is one step infront of the rest. Cole World is a very, very good Album and probably the best Album I heard this year. Cole is a great producer, he can easily switch flows and he has is very versatile in his subjects. This Album is dope. These guys are the truth. Period.

Listen to this song, very powerull stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBP0O7QMr8

And for the charts, he can just as well make a Pop Song without releasing Ringtone Rap (Like A Star is a free Track btw, he finsihed it too late for the album):

Do you add Drake to this new breed of rappers?

drake's too much like lil' wayne to me, occasionally he could bring something like he did on
game's "good girls go bad" but he's mostly mediocre pop rap, that's all i gotta say 'cause i don't want to turn this thread into a bash wack rappers one, lol, anyways about the future of hip hop there's definately some hope out there 'cause after all the "ode to illmatic" mixtape by fashawn plays out like an album that's possibly the best mixtape i ever heard by anybody