JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice-T Disses Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne, and Jay-Z!

bigted

It's about time a real mc speaks out against these weak rappers!

Ice-T is one rapper than has never minced his words. But now, he tells VH1 that...most of these dudes are frauds. Here is an excerpt.

“That’s fake,” Ice-T blurts out. “Rick Ross stole a n****’s name. I call him ‘Identity Crisis.’ He thinks he’s [Freeway] Rick Ross, he thinks he’s Larry Hoover, he thinks he’s Big Meech, he thinks he’s MC Hammer, he thinks he’s Tupac. Like, who the f*ck are you really, dude?”

“When we rapped about dope— me, Snoop and everybody—it was like we doin’ it because we GOT to. Now these n***** is actin’ like it’s somethin’ that’s FUN. It’s so easy to fantasize about it. To actively do it? That’s a whole ‘nother f*ckin’ thing.

“Rap is pop right now. Q-Tip said, ‘Rap is not pop. If you call it that, then stop.’ Rap was a counterculture that went against pop. But when you have Rihanna singin’ on your records and you’re doin’ records with Katy Perry, that’s no longer rap. It’s pop music, pop using rap delivery. When you hear Lil Wayne sayin’ ‘I got a chopper in the car,’ you go, ‘Yeah, right you do.‘

in the video posted:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2011/09/14/22880984.aspx

Get it, Ice-T. Preach on! I get kinda disappointed when some of my favorite emcees are play supportive of the idiotic gutter trash that is making rap music. They suck. Let's stop sugar coating it.

Disagree if you want, but ask yourself this. If Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne or Jay-Z say they are going to gun you down, would you be scared? NO! If Ice-T said he would...you'd probably be a little worried...lol. Fantasy raps were cool back in the day but there's nothing "fantasy" about being a studio gangsta.

Get it, Ice-T. Preach on! I get kinda disappointed when some of my favorite emcees are play supportive of the idiotic gutter trash that is making rap music. They suck. Let's stop sugar coating it.

Disagree if you want, but ask yourself this. If Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne or Jay-Z say they are going to gun you down, would you be scared? NO! If Ice-T said he would...you'd probably be a little worried...lol. Fantasy raps were cool back in the day but there's nothing "fantasy" about being a studio gangsta.

Just thinking. Do you think that the current culture of NOT dissing, in that we don't see too many diss tracks from mainstream artists, has had a negative impact hip-hop?

yeah back in the days if somebody was doing something fake they'd get dissed and it'd force them to make better music but these days they get away with it and that's why there's so much trash out there, more mcs need to speak up like this, I agree with you AJ that real mcs shouldn't sugar coat how they really feel, even FP gave 50 Cent props when we all know that 50's been one of the lost mcs... Jay-Z was one of the real mcs in the mid-90s but that's a long time ago since these days he puts out mainstream trash with Kanye, Ice-T's always stayed true to the game, he did a better job making "99 Problems" than Jay-Z did:

yeah back in the days if somebody was doing something fake they'd get dissed and it'd force them to make better music but these days they get away with it and that's why there's so much trash out there, more mcs need to speak up like this, I agree with you AJ that real mcs shouldn't sugar coat how they really feel, even FP gave 50 Cent props when we all know that 50's been one of the lost mcs... Jay-Z was one of the real mcs in the mid-90s but that's a long time ago since these days he puts out mainstream trash with Kanye, Ice-T's always stayed true to the game, he did a better job making "99 Problems" than Jay-Z did:

So we've got what, 3 different 99 problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmy113gMds0

Add those together it's no wonder the worlds got so many issues :biggrin:

lil' wayne and rick ross always been wack but one thing you could say about jay-z is that he used to be a great mc

I think Jay Z can still bring it hard. The American Gangster album was pretty good, and then he brought a couple of pretty nice tracks on his last album, I just dont know why he keeps coming with this commercial stuff. I mean, he can bring an album with half commercial and half hardcore/well written rap and maybe get even more money out of that!

yeah that's what he did with "Hard Knock Life" and it sold 5 million copies which is his highest selling to date, it was great balance between street and commercial, that's my favorite Jay-Z album, one thing that makes Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, and these pop rappers popular is 'cause they got catchy beats, if producers gave those tracks to real mcs instead of them then those sucker mcs'd fall off since their mic skills are limited...

LL's been dissing Jay-Z ever since "Todd Smith" wasn't promoted, MC Hammer made "Better Run Run" last year towards him, Game made "Uncle Otis", and now Ice-T's dissing him, damn, Jigga needs to come back with something 'cause he's looking soft right now