JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Outkast start working on comeback album!

VIsqo

OutKast to Reunite with L.A. Reid at Epic Records

Outkast may be reuniting with L.A. Reid to record their new album under Epic Records. Since leaving Island/Def Jam "L.A. Reid has been busy erasing Epic's tarnished image and rebuilding its roster, which will soon include Outkast, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter," said Shirley Halperin of The Hollywod Reporter's website, THR.com. "Reid has a long history with Outkast, who was originally signed to his LaFace Records."

Reid's LaFace Records released Outkast's platinum selling debut album, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik in 1994. 10 years later at Arista, with Reid at the helm, the duo's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below sold 11 million copies and won six Grammy awards. Their last joint effort was 2006's Idlewild.

An industry outsider told HipHopWIred in July that "Outkast is on track to release a new album by early next year. Both Dre and Big are working on solo projects; they want those out by the end of 2011, followed by the next Outkast record within a year's time."

http://rap.about.com/b/2011/09/16/outkast-to-reunite-with-l-a-reid-at-epic-records.htm

Edited by VIsqo

It seems like yesterday that I went to Kmart to buy "Idlewild", it's hard to believe that it's been 8 years ago that I was working at that Kmart and I bought "Speakerboxx/Love Below" on my lunch break, life is going by....