JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

my first attempt

DefCEM

Hi everybody,

i just finished my first serious attempt to write some lyrics and record it. this was done in pretty basic way. i'll be in the studio next week to make a more professional and cleaner version.

I wanted to share it with you guys and need some honest opinions even if its in german.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O6TXE8D2

Obviously I can't understand German but what I can hear flow wise is very good. You stay on beat throughout the track and you ride the beat which I think is key to get the best out of a track!!

Great job on this Def.... looking forward to hearing more and more from you? Just one thing.. when you go to the studio make sure your vocals are raised just a little!

Can you rap in English?

:sHa_jammin:

I speak German, I listen to some German Hip Hop too. I think your flow is pretty good, especially for a beginner. You sometimes sounda just a little bit insecure though, but I've heard a lot worse on the internet. I think you need to work on your lyrics a little bit more though. I like the subject, but a lot of your lines do not veel very natural, often times the lyrics feel kinda forced. You need to smoothen that out. Thats my opinion. I like the Beat.