JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game Producer Working on T.I. & Will Smith Comeback Albums !

Ale

• Members

The last thing I want is for WIll's new album to be overproduced, I would be super depressed if Will's lyrical genius was marred by subpar production. you guys tell me, I don't know anything about these guys, are they going to help Will progress as a musician?

Well his deal with interscope seemed to work well, Lost and Found was great lyrically and it appealed to the public, i think it was mostly columbia that pushed jiggy etc (even tho i personally like that kind of thing). If he is in a similar situation to what he was in Lost and Found i dont think we have much to worry about, plus Jeff is involved.

I don't recall him saying he wanted "Tell Me Why" to be the first single. That's interesting. To me, I think "Switch" was the perfect 1st single and "Party Starter" was the perfect 2nd single. When a song is as heavy as "Tell Me Why," it's rare for it to be the 1st single.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

What happened? I thought this was definitely going ahead. We had Mars and Jeff talking about it and K Smith mentioned listening to Will's new stuff and Will being in the studio with B. Cox, Mary J., J.D, Bruno Mars etc. But now Will said in the interview gosia posted in the MIB 3 thread that he doesn't have time to record music anymore. I couldn't believe it, I was so looking forward to the new album. What does everyone make of this? Why did Will say this after it seemed that the album was definitely going ahead!?

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/21/men-in-black-3-will-smith-josh-brolin_n_1532664.html?ref=moviefone

What happened? I thought this was definitely going ahead. We had Mars and Jeff talking about it and K Smith mentioned listening to Will's new stuff and Will being in the studio with B. Cox, Mary J., J.D, Bruno Mars etc. But now Will said in the interview gosia posted in the MIB 3 thread that he doesn't have time to record music anymore. I couldn't believe it, I was so looking forward to the new album. What does everyone make of this? Why did Will say this after it seemed that the album was definitely going ahead!?

http://news.moviefon...l?ref=moviefone

My biggest disappointment came when I heard Will was not doing the soundtrack for 'MIB 3'. That's when I lost hope of seeing a new album in 2012. Plus, if Will starts to focus on Willow's 'Annie' remake.. :nono:

I think I'm going to get this off my chest.
I'm so sick of hearing about his kids. I wish them all the best and I understand Will spending time with his kids but I'm a Fresh Prince fan and as a fan I feel like his kids are getting in my way of enjoying the FP. I don't even blame their kids or anything just sick of Will spending his prime on doing projects for his kids trying to create a career for them (so soon) I wish he would just let them be kids and focus on his own career. I think if he had done that we'd be having an album by now, he wouldn't have been gone this long. Plus even now he's doing a movie for Jaden soon he's going to make a movie for Willow not only am I not getting an album i'm also not getting to see much from him as an actor. He could've done so much (music, films) during the past 3-4 years and upcoming years. Not blaming anyone here but as a FP fan this has become FRUSTRATING to say the least. Trey is by far my favourite out of all 3 and that's probably because he isn't in the spotlight as much. I used to like Jaden and Willow but lately it's having the opposite effect on me. If only them being in the spotlight didn't subtract from the FP I wouldn't be this upset over it.

Sometimes I wish he cared more about his music fans. He doesnt have a twitter, he only gets to FB when he has a movie out and he has never even mentioned his biggest online fan club (us)

What frustrates me the most is that during the release of Lost And Found Will was going on and on about how much he loves music and how important it is to him and how he considered himself to be a rapper first and an actor second and then a year after Lost and Found's release Will completly changes his mind and says that he's not interested in doing music anymore.

• Hero1 unpinned this topic