JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game Producer Working on T.I. & Will Smith Comeback Albums !

Ale

I've never been as excited listening to the pop modern music station at work as I was Friday. It agonizingly slow and I was sitting on the counter listening to Ryan Seacrest babble on about something and then they brought up the subject that Will was looking to get back into rap. They proceeded to say he was looking to work with his favorite DJ, which had better be Jazzy. Regardless I was pretty amped.

Wow this is shocking news...I'm excited.This came out of nowhere...who are the rumoured artists/producers so far on the album?

Bruno Mars is pretty much confirmed by K. Smith, but you never know what makes the cut. Than MJB, J.D. and judging from that picture we once saw and from the fact that he is working with a producer close to The Game.. I'd say there is a chance Game will be on there too. Pharrel might do a beat too I guess. I'm sure Jazzy will do at least one beat.

Edited by Turntable

• Admin

KSmith says he is off to Philly tomorrow so not sure if Will is going to be doing any recording then..

also the reaction to the news has been overwhelmingly positively for example:

Entertainment Weekly’s Kyle Anderson took a positive route: “In all seriousness, Smith’s 1988 tag-team with longtime producer DJ Jazzy Jeff, ‘He’s the DJ, I’m the Rapper,’ is a seminal release for the genre, and the dude has made some excellent party jams in his time (including “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It”). If he wants to come back to artform that started him, then by all means he has earned the right.

it's kinda funny that they're calling TI's new album a comeback album since he just released an album a few months ago it seems like but that's the state of the music industry these days, you gotta constantly have something out there since most of the stuff doesn't sound good for too long but I could still listen to "Lost and Found" and it sounds just as fresh as it did back then, looking forward to some more timeless music from the fresh prince and btw don't call it a comeback...

WillSmithNutter.jpg

Will Smith and Mayor Nutter backstage at the Lady B anniversary concert at the Dell Music Center Sunday night.

Will Smith was a surprise guest at WRNB DJ Lady B's 30th Anniversary concert Sunday night at the Dell Music Center.

The Fresh Prince performed "Summertime" and "Brand New Funk" and came back out to rhyme with Doug E. Fresh on "La Di Da Di."

The show celebrated the pioneering Philly hip-hop DJ on 30 years in radio and featured performances by Public Enemy, Big Daddy Kane, Salt-N-Pepa, and Schoolly D.

Edited by gosia

• Members

WillSmithNutter.jpg

Will Smith and Mayor Nutter backstage at the Lady B anniversary concert at the Dell Music Center Sunday night.

Will Smith was a surprise guest at WRNB DJ Lady B's 30th Anniversary concert Sunday night at the Dell Music Center.

The Fresh Prince performed "Summertime" and "Brand New Funk" and came back out to rhyme with Doug E. Fresh on "La Di Da Di."

The show celebrated the pioneering Philly hip-hop DJ on 30 years in radio and featured performances by Public Enemy, Big Daddy Kane, Salt-N-Pepa, and Schoolly D.

This is going into the right direction! Also a nice choice that he performed "Brand New Funk". Is there a video of his performance somewhere?

Edited by joe1306

• Hero1 unpinned this topic