JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Any hip hop albums/artists people can recommend?

analogue

I've been listening to BB Jay's "Universal Concussion" lately, he hasn't put out anything lately but he's one of the best in gospel rap:

DMX & Busta should do an album together, they killed this "Otis" track:

DMX & Busta should do an album together, they killed this "Otis" track:

I second that notion.

I've just started listening to Yonas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02XpRbr3UBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1mFzbcqdUM

And This Asher Roth song has been on repeat for me for quite a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2OXMcbF5Y

Phil Ade (check A Diffrent World - it is free), J. Cole (Check Friday Night Lights - it is free), Wale (check his Album Attention Defficit and his Free-Release More About Nothing), Kendrick Lamar (Check his Album Section 80), Fashawn (Check his album Boy Meets World and his Free-Release Ode To Illmatic), check the 1982 (Statik Selektah & Termanology) Album, check out Kali, and Reks with his album R.E.K.S.. When I think of more, and I will, I'll let you know

Edited by Turntable

I like a lot of those mcs you mentioned there, Fred The Godson's another one doing his thing, he spit some fire on the remix of Frank Ocean's "Novacane" and on the "Love That" track KRS-ONE's new album with Showbiz

Fabolous' new mixtape is fire too, he's been out for over 10 years and he never seems to get the credit he deserves, he's one of the great mcs out there these days...

I used to go on allhiphop.com all the time to check out the new tracks but now I go to livemixtapes.com, they got like 1 million tracks there to get for free, a lot of fire out there

• 2 weeks later...

there was a couple albums released this year by hip hop legends that nobody really mentions but both talib and snoop ripped some ish:

-talib kweli "i'm on one"

-snoop feat. r. kelly and busta "platinum"(remix)

So there's no opinions on the Snoop Dogg and Talib Kweli albums? I think 2011's been a good year artistically for hip since there's been albums/mixtapes/hot tracks from the legends and the upcoming mcs but commercially most aren't getting much buzz which is sad 'cause this good stuff in this thread deserves to be notice more than the crap that sells one million copies in a week...

I think Talib's Album was aight, but not more. He can definitly ,do much better. I mean he is a very good Rapper, but he often times is not that good of a song maker if you know what I mean. Snoop.. I dont know man.. He is a legend and all, but the only real dope album he made in the last six (at least) years is Blue Carpet Threatment. He always has a couple of dope songs but way too much fillers.

song making isn't really talib's greatest strength but he always delivers lyrically and snoop could seem to go a lil' bit to left field sometimes like andre 3000 but he could definately flow still