JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Both saying its a poor movie and pointing out Jaden's bad acting.. I think this could be a stinker!

It could also be a bomb. It's only tracking to make 35-36 million at the domestic box office this weekent. With a budget of 135 million, it's gonna need a real strong foreign box office to make any kind of profit.

• Admin

Another bad review: "A Will Smith action film that has him grimacing on his back, giving instructions, is nobody’s idea of a lot of fun. Jaden, a good-looking kid with a hint of charisma, has to carry the film and doesn’t have the presence to pull that off. And inexplicably, father and son have attempted Southern accents from over a thousand years in the future. Epic enunciation fail."

http://www.pressherald.com/article/20130529/ARTS/130529827

The thing with Jadens acting, he was good in pursuit of happiness and he pulled off the Karate Kid, but as you get older your acting has to get better, and he has to carry this entire film. Dakota Fanning was a brilliant child actress, that's the standard. I haven't liked what I've seen from the clips, but I'll wait to see the movie. All the reviews are saying he struggles in this though. I think anyone going to see After Earth thinking this is a "Will Smith movie" will be disappointed.

Truth be told, “After Earth” wouldn’t exist had Will Smith not cooked it up as yet another star vehicle for his son, Jaden. But since buying your kid a movie credit is a tradition that dates back to the beginnings of Hollywood, you can’t hold that against it.

That pretty much says it all. I wonder how this person feels about Will creating a project for Jaden. Sounds like they really applaud the idea. Lol

• Admin

I just noticed that there's still no reviews for this movie on Rotten Tomatoes. That's usually a bad sign when a film is a couple of days from release :hmmm: .

Sony has put out a review embargo, they are clearly trying to stop all the negative reviews coming out before the movie is released...

I just noticed that there's still no reviews for this movie on Rotten Tomatoes. That's usually a bad sign when a film is a couple of days from release :hmmm: .

Sony has put out a review embargo, they are clearly trying to stop all the negative reviews coming out before the movie is released...

It's a shame, really. Because after Book of Eli, I was pretty excited about After Earth. If this is really bad film, I'll be disappointed. Especially since it's just another reason he hasn't made a new album.

The Last Airbender was terrible though so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know what happened to Shyamalan. I really liked his early stuff. Especially Unbreakable.