JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

i'm so lost with Will's news lately that I don't have very clear what this movie is about :lookaround: I was shocked when I saw jaden's pictures. He's grown so much since last time I saw him

Hey Sandy, good to see you again! Here's a synopsis I found on the Net:

It's a sci-fi tale chronicling a father and son's journey through a desolate Earth after their spacecraft crashes on the long-barren planet 1,000 years in the future.

-----

M. Night Shyamalan Shooting 'After Earth' on Sony's F65 Camera as Studio Launches Training Program

The studio's new equipment, which offers 4K digital cinematography, began shipping in January.

http://www.hollywood...5-camera-295476

Edited by Ale

A tipster writes that Will Smith is renting 255 Abrahams Lane in Villanova, a custom-built home on 10 acres near (or on top of) what was once Ardrossan, the troubled historic estate that was home to Robert Montgomery and family, upon which The Philadelphia Story was based. A fleet of moving trucks and Suburbans moved Smith & co. into the neighborhood in early January, and his neighbors were given a quiet heads up. The house is currently listed for $7.4 million by Prudential Fox & Roach, and is described as having a chef's kitchen with Kountry Kraft cabinets (kabinets?), a wine cellar, bar, movie theater and gym.
Unfortunately for fans of the Fresh Prince who think he belongs in his hometown area, the move is almost certainly temporary. Smith is currently filming M. Night Shyamalan's new movie After Earth, in which son Jaden Smith plays the lead. Despite neighbors' claims of seeing Smith frequently, for most of February he's been filming in Costa Rica, from whence comes this photo (via Will's Facebook page) of a huge insect found outside of Jaden's trailer one day (sorry, we had to—gah!).

Now Smith père et fils are back in Philly with M. Night for filming at the Budd Manufacturing Facility at 2450 W. Hunting Park Avenue—the perfect spot for a film about life after an apocalypse.
No apocalypse in Villanova, though: Neighbors see cars outside the house pretty much all the time, and every light in the home is on from morning till dusk.

PICS: http://philly.curbed...n-villanova.php

Edited by gosia

Cool little bit of info: http://www.bobgreenberger.com/index.php/2012/02/27/imagining-life-after-earth/comment-page-1/#comment-4625

After toiling in other people’s universes, I have a pretty good idea as to how worldbuilding should be done. I’ve seen it handled well and seen it done not so well. I have certainly contributed to shared worlds such as the Latchkeys universe that is now here and worked within the strictures of the DC Universe and of course, Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek. Until now, though, I haven’t had to do any universe building of my own – at nothing that has ever been completed and seen printing (those are still developing).
But, to be hired to work on someone else’s world and be asked to help build it, now that’s an interesting creative challenge. Almost a year ago, Peter David contacted me and Mike Friedman about joining him on doing some work for M. Night Shyamalan’ s next movie 1000 AE. An original story, it was to star Jaden Smith, son of Will, and was set, well, 1000 years after mankind has left Earth. We signed the standard Non-Disclosure Statement and were shown the screenplay, which at the time was a draft from Gary Whitta, reworked by the director.
Since then, the movie morphed into After Earth, and now stars Will and Jaden Smith. You can see it for yourself on June 7, 2013.
Our assignment: figure out how things got this way. We got on the phone with some of the crew at Overbrook Productions, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s outfit, asked our questions, heard their ideas, and was pretty much freed to figure things out. Our main contact has been Caleeb Pinkett, Jada’s brother and a more enthusiastic, smart supporter you cannot ask for. We had several months to research, draft, and present and since the three of us have been working together for over 20 years, we had a comfortable rhythm.
I cannot tell you how much fun it was to figure things out. It meant reading history and science and trying to come up with spins on things so they weren’t stereotypical. We had to think about space, alien lifeforms, interstellar travel, rebuilding human society over a millennia, all using the script as our only guide. And of course, being a movie, the script kept evolving and we had to keep up with it.
We delivered a 273-page Bible, color coded to identify different threads and timelines. Fairly quickly, word came back that they loved it. Then they asked for some minor tweaks. Since then, after a new screenplay draft was written by Stephen Gaghan, they have come back to us to do some additional writing as new elements required explanation and background.
The notion that we’ve invented some things that may turn up in the movie and related material or be the basis for others to work with was pretty cool.
Plus, there are other After Earth plans in the works, but I can’t go into detail yet. Once we’re allowed to share, trust me, we will. You have no idea how exciting this has been to work on – more for spending quality time with Peter and Mike than the Hollywood glitz of it, but that part ain’t shabby.

M. Night Shyamalan Hosts Gala Honoring Sharon Pinkenson for 20 Years of Vision, Commitment & Accomplishments

Guests included Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett and First Lady Susan Corbett, cast members from Shyamalan’s latest local production After Earth, including the star of the film and co-producer Will Smith and his co-star, Jaden Smith.

http://www.phillychitchat.com/2012/03/m-night-shyamalan-hosts-gala-honoring.html

-----

From Shyamalan's Twitter:

24 days completed. Creeping towards the half way mark of #AfterEarth.

• 5 weeks later...