JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cool.. they start filming next month?

You are excited about this movie :-)?Well,guess I'm the only one who's not thrilled about this...at all!

I'm not very excited about this movie since I'm not a fan of Shyamalan, and I'm not excited about 'Men In Black 3' either :lol: . I'm just glad Will is back to work after the looong time that it's been since 'Seven Pounds' came out. If I could choose Will's next movie I would have picked 'Django Unchained' like many other members. But oh well, it's his decision anyway. I'm just happy with the fact that he's making movies, that's all! :biggrin:

Edited by Ale

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/cyndy-drue/home.aspx

M Night Shyamalan, Philadelphia’s resident film director will begin production on his next film in early 2012. The title is "After Earth" and will star Will Smith and his son Jaden. There have been reports that Shyamalan has been scouting locations in the area for filming.

50% of the filming will take place at the new Sun Center Studios in Delaware County (Chester Township). It will be the first major feature film to shoot there. Other locations will be in Costa Rica, Utah and Northern California.

Sony Pictures has announced that the movie will hit the big screens on June 7, 2013.

The story is about a young boy who navigates through an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth to save himself and his father. The script is written by Shyamalan and The Book Of Eli scribe Gary Whitta.

• Members

Military cadet of the future???? Jaden Smith (age 13) playing a military cadet??? Seriously??
Also, "The Book Of Eli" was one of the most boring movies I've ssen in a long time. Even Gary Oldman couldn't save it so the fact that they share a screenwriter makes it even worse.
Sorry, I am still deep down a fan of Will Smith but despite my best efforts I just can;t get excited about this one..:/

Not to mention that everytime I read anything about "Django Unchained" I get filled with anger:/

• 1 month later...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118045980

"Stephen Gaghan has completed a polish of Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment's futuristic sci-fi pic "One Thousand A.E.," which will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Shyamalan was credited as the sole writer on the first nine films he directed, but his latest, "A.E.," was scripted by Gary Whitta ("The Book of Eli"). Shyamalan rewrote the screenplay to fit his needs, but Gaghan was tasked with getting the script in shooting shape. He turned his revisions in to the studio nearly a month ago and may continue to work with Shyamalan to fine-tune the current draft as the pic's February start date draws near.

Will and Jaden Smith are set to star as a father and son who crash-land on Earth one thousand years after mankind has abandoned the planet. The crash leaves the elder Smith badly injured, and it's up to the boy to find help in what is now a strange and dangerous place."

• Members

The first piece of news I've heard about this project that got me semi-excited ;) Seriously though, maybe he'll help make the thing better. I guess after the inevitable disaster heading our way called "Men In Black 3", I'm definitely gonna be jonesing for anything with Will even remotely good :)

I wondering how big a part Will has in the movie. Cause the tagline says the father is injured while the son tries to find help. I hope it isn't something like Will sitting in a cave while Jaden looks for help. I'd hate if this movie was like half with Will and the other half just Jaden by himself, like his own person "I Am Legend". The kid doesn't have the acting chops to pull that off.