JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith to Bring Back The Fresh Prince?

Ale

Don't know how much of this is true, but..

WILL SMITH TAPS IN TO BEL-AIR ROOTS

258888_1.jpg

COULD the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air be making a comeback? Sources close to Will Smith reveal that there have been whisperings of a potential return for the hit TV series.

The 42-year-old Hollywood actor found fame on the sitcom that ran from 1990 to 1996 and now we hear he’s eager to return to his roots.

“Will has fond memories and is grateful for the big break the show gave him,” says the source. “He’s fascinated with the idea of what the character would be doing now. He might be married with kids or he may be back in Philadelphia, down on his luck.”

There is talk that there may be a feature film. “Will is interested in returning to the character and getting the old cast together either for a movie or another TV project,” adds the source.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/258888/Will-Smith-taps-in-to-bel-air-roots

• Admin

I find this very hard to believe.. the fresh prince needs to be 18-22 a 40 year old fresh prince just wouldn't make sense.. I think "fresh prince: next generation would make a little more sense.. you could reinvent the show.. like they remade 90210, teen wolf, etc but no one wants to see those characters 15 years later

The source being Tatyana Ali - http://www.ology.com...bel-air-reunion

Although she's gone on to star in her own web series for BET ("Buppies") and had a career as an R & B artist, Tatyana Ali is still best known for her role as the Ashley Banks on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Ali, 32, was cast on the show in 1990 when she was just 11 years old, and she was on the hit show until the end of its run in 1996, always remaining a fan favorite.

If you're like us and you miss Ashley Banks (who doesn't? she was the only voice of reason in that insane mansion!), we have good news to share with you: Tatyana might be reprising her role as Ashley very soon!

At the 22nd Annual "Time for Heroes" celebrity picnic benefitting the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on Sunday, Tatyana revealed she's recently been in touch with Will Smith about a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion. "I still keep in touch with Will and it would be great to work with him again," Tatyana said.

"The whole cast including Will just talked about doing a reunion. I think everyone would be into it, it just depends on everyone's schedule. I was on the show for six years from beginning to end, so having a reunion would be so much fun," she says.

Latina.com has just learned that the rumored Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion isn't really a reality. A rep for Tatyana tells Latina.com Tatyana's quote was taken out of context and as of now, there are no plans for a reunion.

http://www.latina.com/entertainment/tv/tatyana-ali-wont-reprise-her-role-ashley-banks-says-rep

Edited by gosia

I would believe a reunion, in the sense that it's the cast together, sharing favorite scenes, bloopers, stories, etc. I could see scripted skits, but store episode and not a movie. They dynamic of the show was perfect during its time and that time has passed. Why some of FP's recent movies have been questionable, he usually knows what projects will not work and doesn't do them and anything beyond a reunion event is PROBABLY not something he'd want to do...because it would be awful. I hope they never try to revamp the show for a new generation. Why this show has more potential to be good reinvented more than others, it would still never be as good.

• Admin

Latina.com has just learned that the rumored Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion isn't really a reality. A rep for Tatyana tells Latina.com Tatyana's quote was taken out of context and as of now, there are no plans for a reunion.

http://www.latina.co...-banks-says-rep

haha no surprise there