JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Weird Question about Jeff

Okay this is kind of weird. I posted on my blog a story last year (or maybe the year before) about Jeff being kicked out of a club for playing hip hop. (insert Uncle Phil throwing Jazz out the house joke here).

And now whenever I check my feedjit page to see all the places my blog hits are coming from, there's always a TON of hits coming in on that article by people searching google for "DJ Jazzy Jeff Homeless" or "Is DJ Jazzy Jeff Homeless?"

Now I figured this could be one of a couple things.

1. This could be born out of a rumor. I remember plenty of people I know telling me that Will left Jeff behind when he got famous and Jeff was broke or whatever. Now we know that's not how it went down, but for some reason there are still those who believe that. And so I thought maybe it came from that.

2. Perhaps early in his life he was homeless, and he mentioned it in an interview or something, and that's where the searches are stemming from.

Anyone know anything about this? It drives me CRAZY seeing that all the time and not knowing what the heck it's about. lol.

Thank you very much. Been awhile since I've been here. Good to be back.

This is hilarious. FP never left Jeff. He's produced on all of his albums but Born To Reign, he's toured with him and been very involved in his "solo" career. A few years ago Jeff moved from Philly to a house in Delaware. He makes lots of money producing and touring the world dong shows. I haven't seen a good/stupid JJ+FP rumor on line in awhile...lol.

This is hilarious. FP never left Jeff. He's produced on all of his albums but Born To Reign, he's toured with him and been very involved in his "solo" career. A few years ago Jeff moved from Philly to a house in Delaware. He makes lots of money producing and touring the world dong shows. I haven't seen a good/stupid JJ+FP rumor on line in awhile...lol.

Yeah I know that, but I actually had someone give me that line. I think it stems from Will suddenly becoming a mega star and people thinking that since they didn't see Jeff in all his movies, that somehow it equaled him blowing up and forgetting about his friend.

Which I'm sure led to that song "Potnas", I'm guessing.

I know that Jeff has addressed that in the past. One of the thing was that because Jeff only had limited role on Fresh Prince, and that seeing as how that was Will's man and all that Will should have gotten him a bigger role.

I read somewhere where Jeff said that he didn't WANT a bigger role, and that he didn't WANT to do movies and whatnot, but for some people who want to spread gossip that wasn't enough I suppose.

Reminds me of that line from the ItsTheReal video with Nick Cannon where they were like "Hey all you gossip mongers need to stop mongering gossip!" lmao

It was actually Jeff's choice to not be a main character on the show. Jeff has always been about the music. He only did FPofBA because it was "JJ+FP on TV" and because it was funding A Touch of Jazz as they were getting off the ground. Jeff actually had it in his contract that he didn't have to do a scene without FP in it. You can find all of this info in one of Jazzy's interviews. They actually wanted to write entire episodes about him but he wanted a limited role in the show.

• Admin

I didn#t know it went that far AJ, that is interesting. He did scenes without FP tho, but I guess they always had to ask him.

yeah they did research and jazz was one of the most popular characters on fpoba so they wanted more episodes with him but jeff wanted to stick to music.. if you see when they introduce that ty? character.. that's kind of the will's friend character for scenes that jeff wasn't doing

• 3 months later...