JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Last Chance Saloon

-well words can't describe how frustrating it's been that fresh prince hasn't been on the mic for more than 6 years now but like jim mentioned the state of music frustrates him just like it frustrates all of us, however if he really loves music as much as he claimed he did when he released lost and found he should just release something anyway for the true heads like us and say the hell with all the other idiots out there that don't appreciate real music, the fact that there's been so much advances in technology he could use to his advantage by putting out songs on youtube and why can't he create a quality official website, there's so much that he could do but he's been dropping the ball, like the rest of us i'm hoping and praying that his music career still has more to come and really i'm at a loss of words for what's left to be said since it seems like a broken record at this point

+1 on Teds post. Couldn't agree more. Just thinking realistically AJ, you cant just hang onto to old interviews about music or "Twinkle Twinkle (I'm Not A Star)" as much as I'd love too, times have changed. Even though I'm not the biggest Ice Cube fan, he really does a decent job (from what I've seen) of managing both careers properly. Its not 5 movies, 1 album and then another 7 movies...etc. I think Lost & Found had us all fooled...unfortunately.

Will hasn't really done much over the last few years, by the time "Men In Black 3" comes out it'll be almost 4 years since his last movie, really he's been relaxing with his family and letting the kids take over the spotlight, can't really blame him, I guess he feels he don't have much to prove

• Admin

Will hasn't really done much over the last few years, by the time "Men In Black 3" comes out it'll be almost 4 years since his last movie, really he's been relaxing with his family and letting the kids take over the spotlight, can't really blame him, I guess he feels he don't have much to prove

Well before we used to say he is focusing on movies so thats why he doesnt do any music..the fact he spent 4 years doing no movies and didn't release any music in that time makes it all the more disappointing :monkey1:

• Members

Well before we used to say he is focusing on movies so thats why he doesnt do any music..the fact he spent 4 years doing no movies and didn't release any music in that time makes it all the more disappointing :monkey1:

Well... in a way but... at the same time, I can understand that he wanted a couple of years off after that busy life since he was a teenager. I think it's hard to blame him.

I don't think I'm being unrealistic about him making more music. Unless he says he's done, and I'm still believing for more music, I'm not unrealistic...ha ha. And even at that point, I'm okay with that. At this point, I just see it as painfully long time between albums. Hip-Hop is a part of him and he's a part of Hip-Hop. He's quick to drop a rhyme at various events. His movies took alot of focus for awhile and now his kids' careers are taking his focus. I have a feeling between MIB3 and BB3, there's a good chance something will happen.