JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Last Chance Saloon

I remember chatting to Brakes at a Jeff show last month about if we'll ever see Will on the mic again.

Time is passing by. 6 years without a peep is a long time. We came to some sort of agreement tha i personally feel will be the case.

If Will isn't on Willow's album or on a MIB3 track then i think its safe to say his music career is behind him.

Hate to put a downer on all what we love, but we'll be silly to hold out anymore hope if these ships sale.

Yeah ive pretty much given up, ive still got that small flicker of hope with the MIB3 soundtrack bcoz people will almost expect a track out of him for that. Im at least hoping for some sort of live show, i cannot go thru my life without ever seeing him live. He needs to do another premier concert, then im happy.

Yeah.. We may have heard our last full length album from Will. They may be a chance that some time in the future Will and Jeff will hook up on something (whether it be a TV special or a one off track) but I seriously doubt we will have a full on album. Will himself has given so many mixed messages. On the one hand he has said he is done with music, then at the Hancock premier he told Julie "Sure" when she said we need more music!

Who know's these days? :relieved:

• Admin

I think if we don't get a track for Men in Black 3, we will never hear anything I again. I have the sneaking suspicion he still records stuff & writes raps but he just won't release it.. I think Jeff & Will will most likely perform at the MIB 3 premiers

I don't really think about it anymore. I don't think he's done with music, but beyond that vague statement, I don't know what I think. I do know this, if anyone needs to stir things up and support the idea of more music coming, it's us. With the internet and social networking, it's easier than ever. If a buzz is created in the music world, things often follow.

But in a modern world, an internet buzz takes an awful lot of people to get it going.

I think we are all thinking realitically now.

I feel the same way as everyone here.

There's very little hope at this point. Thinking back to convos I've had with Jeff/Jeff's wife and Skillz, Will is probably done at this point. The conversation I had with Jeff's wife in Oct 2009 really stands out in my mind just because we were talking about the music industry and how messed up it is and how Will probably doesn't wanna deal with the hassle. Will doesn't have to rap and can just avoid all that bull**** with labels, executives...etc. You can just tell from 1999 on...its been a bunch of crap surrounding his music.

1998: DJ Jazzy Jeff's album was never released.

1999: Sony didn't wanna push "So Fresh" so Will had to pay for it himself and still Sony didn't promote it
1999: Freakin It was obviously a lame attempt as a sequel to Gettin Jiggy Wit It
1999: The prelude to Wild Wild West is a conversation between Will and Jaden, basically mocking out Sony with Jaden acting out (1st acting gig) the Sony executives and how they only wanted to hear Wild Wild West and not push songs like "The Rain"
1999: The promotion for the album probably ended 4 months after it was released.

2002: Black Suits Comin was the lead single off the album, Sony trying to use the same formula and cross promote both projects. Didn't work.
2002: Listen to the title track, Will pretty much sums things up about selling your soul to the label.
2002: 1000 kisses is released a few months later as the 2nd single off the album. Blatantly didnt care about the album at this point. 1000 kisses didn't do anything on the charts.

2005: Switch did plenty of damage on the charts, album went Gold...looked like things would be good on Interscope.
2005: Party Starter is released nearly 7-8 months after Switch and the album dropped! Ridiculous!
2005: Listen to the lyrics, more specifically the 3rd verse to Party Starter...you can hear his frustrations with the label.
2005: Tell Me Why was destined according to Will as the 2nd single...aka "douse the cold water on them", never released due to the record being too "political"

Thats alot to deal with. It's ridiculous. Will does have the money and label to manufacture and market the album but with a garbage industry, why should he? I just wish he would take the Jazzy Jeff route and go a little underground, create a strong online presence on YouTube and Twitter and release songs from there. Ryan Leslie and Drake are artists that are known to succeed with this. No one is holding him back from his creativity this way.

AJ and Kev were talking about creating a buzz online and while it has been mentioned time after time, we actually don't need to create a buzz or online movement. Its already here, this site is huge worldwide. Its been online since '96 and it gets plenty of hits a day/month/year. Jeff and Will have both seen this site and for the lucky ones here including myself who have met Jeff, he knows what we want because he wants it too. He's said it time after time. Thank God for Jeff because he keeps providing us with great music and he keeps nagging Will's tail.

• Admin

I feel you Jim.. Will once talked about leaking some music on youtube.. I wish he would give us something.. 6 years since lost & found is a long time... his longest break from music ever..