JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pro Wrestler Randy 'Macho Man' Savage Dies in Car Accident

Ale

Pro wrestling superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage died after having a heart attack while driving his Jeep Wrangler, Fox News confirms.

RandySavage.jpg

The accident happened in Seminole, Fla.

A source tells Fox News that he "suffered a heart attack while driving and hit a tree."

Lanny Poffo, Randy's brother, told TMZ the accident happened Friday morning when Savage lost control of his vehicle.

Florida Highway Patrol said Savage leapt a concrete median, veered into oncoming traffic and smashed into a tree head on.

He died from his injuries at largo Medical Center.

Savage, 58, had just celebrated his first wedding anniversary with his wife Lynn. It was his second marriage. His first wife died of a drug overdose shortly after their divorce in 1992.

Professional wrestler Kevin Nash tweeted: "I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it's Randy. Love you Bro. Never another."

Savage helped put WWF wrestling on the map in the 1980s and '90s, becoming, along with Hulk Hogan, one of its biggest draws. His outrageous outfits and bellowing voice made him a fan favorite.

TMZ first reported the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/05/20/pro-wrestler-randy-macho-man-savage-dies-car-accident-report-says/

-----

Sad news. RIP Randy :(

Edited by Ale

I follow a ton of wrestlers on twitter and they're devastated by the news. A Sad day in professional wrestling. Yet not suprising.

The death toll of former and current wrestlers under the age of 60 in actually horrific.

• Members

One of my childhood heroes has passed away. I'm at a loss of what to say, other than he'll be missed. I only really remember him in WCW, but that's because I didn't really pay much attention to wrestling other than when Grandpa used to watch it with us in the 90's until I got back into wrestling in 2001. Rest In Peace, Macho Man.

With the passing of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, over 25% of the wrestlers who participated in WrestleMania VII are now gone.