JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith - 'Rock Star'

Ale

Willow Smith Readys New Single; Releases Preview

Willow Smith New Single

Willow Smith is getting prepared to release her next single.

After the success of the 10-year-old's platinum selling debut single "Whip My Hair," her follow up single, "21st Century Girl," do not fair as well, peaking at only #99 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The daughter of Will and Jada Smith is looking to bounce back with her new single "Rock Star."

An official release date for the single was not announced, but the Smith clan is banking on "Rock Star" being closer to "Whip My Hair" than "21 Century Girl."

The singer/actress signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation record label in 2010.

A snippet of her new single was released as the backdrop to a behind-the-scenes video of Willow's appearance at last month's 2011 Kids' Choice Awards.

http://hiphopwired.com/2011/05/14/willow-smith-readys-new-single-releases-preview-video/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this song fails its game over. Im not sure what to think if it doesnt do well. IMO child celebs are either one hit wonders or end up with problems as an adult, im not saying thats going to happen to Willow bcoz Jada and Will seem to know what they are doing but its tough to be a famous kid, its hard to deal with at a young age.

• Admin

If this song fails its game over. Im not sure what to think if it doesnt do well. IMO child celebs are either one hit wonders or end up with problems as an adult, im not saying thats going to happen to Willow bcoz Jada and Will seem to know what they are doing but its tough to be a famous kid, its hard to deal with at a young age.

I think if this song fails we will never see the album.. Record companies don't even take the chance of releasing an album these days even though it had one hit single that was a while ago.

• Members

We will see the album,there's no doubt about that.All songs are finish,big names working on it and most important Willow isn't some "normal" kid .Her dad is Will Smith,Jay-z is family friend.If this song failed they just going to work harder on her promotion,videos etc.I mean,she perform at the White house with one hit,lol.We all know it's not because of her,it's because she's Smith.Will always said that he can take to fail in anything,he wouldn't let it go just like that:-)!

Its true. This single is make or break for her and the release of an album. What she needs is a guest spot on the track with a high profile name.

• 2 months later...

Well, she started really fast but has slowed down to a point where I dont think whip your hair can be considered a first release for her new album anymore..

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Jukebox, producer of Willow Smith's runaway hit "Whip My Hair," says he's done about nine songs for the pre-teen's upcoming debut album. "People have to remember she's a child and still has to have a child's life," said Jukebox when asked when fans might expect the album. "She's been touring with Justin Bieber, so she just got back in [the studio] two-three weeks ago. Hopefully, the album will be out later this year."

http://www.billboard.com/column/the-juice/drake-dr-dre-snoop-dogg-more-at-2011-bmi-1005330952.story#/column/the-juice/drake-dr-dre-snoop-dogg-more-at-2011-bmi-1005330952.story