JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XXI

Da Brakes

Hey AJ I was actually listening to Boyz II Men's "Twenty" album over the weekend

Right now I'm doing some meditation tonight reflecting on life so I'm listening to:

R. Kelly "Heaven I Need A Hug"

JJFP "From Da South"

GYM CLASS HEROES - Shoot Down The Stars

As Cruel As School Children (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5u59CrRJc

Such a dope album. I listened to this for the first time in awhile. GCH are one of the best things have have happened to Hip-Hop music in the last 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

No way is this better than "Nightmare On My Street." The songs came out the same year and the Fat Boys' rhymes are elementary to FP's story telling and comedy. "Nightmare On My Street" is also much more polished when it comes to production. Ready Rock C also makes a better Freddy Kruger than the real Freddy Kruger...lol

ARRESTED DEVLOPMENT - Truce

Strong (2010)

That's a fun song...lol

I just discovered this remix and I can't keep listening to it this morning. It's not on the CD single I've had for years...now I gotta track down the vinyl

C+C MUSIC FACTORY w/ NICE + SMOOTH - Do You Wanna Get Funky? (The Nice & Smooth Hip-Hop Remix)

Do You Wanna Get Funky (Vinyl Single) (1994)

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYg9rHHNLsk

Heard this song on the radio tonight, and came across this version on youtube. What's people think? I can easily hear shades of his dad's flow (like Lost & Found era) on this. Cool song I tihnk.

Ll cool j. Soul survivor 1993