JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XXI

Da Brakes

BEYONCE - God Made You Beautiful

(upcoming album) (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D44pl4eyRa8#t=164

This is inspired by her daughter. I really love the song. The only thing I'd change would be to make the music more honest. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but a tad overproduced and over polished...mostly during the chorus. I feel this is a good sign, further showing that watered down dance beats are dying. More artists are slowly shifting back to a real sound. The fact that this song is rooted in something personal shouldn't be as special and rare as it is. And whoa, having the word "God" in a song title is nothing you see anymore either.

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

Keith Sweat "Wonderful Thang"(2002)
Rebirth

MC Hammer "This Is The Way We Roll"

Too Legit To Quit (1991)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGrOzt1m_Lw

I passed by the music video for this Saturday Night Live performance (that starts around the 40 mark). It's got everything that was right about 1991...Hammer's dance moves, the kid from the "2 Legit 2 Quit" music video, a live band, his entire posse, baggy clothes, bright colors, and the east coast stomp. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I never knew that PM Dawn video existed. Man, I miss new music from them. While they were unpredictable in the changes they'd made with each album, it always made sense. One of the most original groups in all of music. The quality of their later music is just as great as their early stuff.

And now for something completely different...lol

EMINEM - I'm Shady

The Slim Shady LP (1999)

Katy Perry "Roar", this song's a guilty pleasure for me haha

JJFP "A Touch Of Jazz", Happy Birthday Jeff!